2 Replies - 798 Views - Last Post: 30 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Flash Media Player question

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:48 AM

Background:
Many of you are familiar with Brightcove flv hosting service. They have an Excellent media player (example), but their free services are terminating in mid-December. I need to replace it with something, and have looked at many online services, but they do not offer remotely hosted 'multi-flv' style players like BC.

I stumbled on a few tutorials that I have used to create some AS multi-flv players, but my website admins can't allow the amount of flv data I want to upload. So I am stuck with finding a remote host flv service.

My question:
Is it possible/realistic/how do i create an Actionscript player that will reference remote-hosted files through embed code, and not flv files on my host's server?

I am rather new to this stuff, so be gentle...

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Flash Media Player question

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Flash Media Player question

Posted 27 November 2008 - 10:44 PM

can you use another hosted service with their player... like, vimeo?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Flash Media Player question

Posted 30 November 2008 - 09:08 PM

i can upload them to sites like Vimeo, Viddler, etc with no problem. The issue is that I want to be able to display multiple clips in an organized manner, like Brightcove does. They have a 'player' that contains a playlist of all the videos on one side, and the actual window where the videos play to the other side. Clicking on any of the videos will load it into the player window, attach player controls, and start playing.

That's the kind of thing i want to make. I would like to upload the videos to Vimeo or similar sites, make an AS playlist-style player, and have the player pull in and load the videos that are in Vimeo. Possibly through the embed code. But i have no idea where to start.

is this even possible/a good idea?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1