• +
  • Last »

60 Replies - 2567 Views - Last Post: 30 May 2003 - 06:24 AM

• w3c fanatic

• View blog

The Matrix Reloaded

Posted 14 May 2003 - 07:01 PM

admin warning: Spoilers Inside

I'm on my way like right now to go see the new Matrix movie! My showtime is at 10:00 p.m. on the dot! I'll tell you how great it is when I return! And for the record, I'm not some lone loser fan going to see the movie. I'm going with a group of loser fans. :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: The Matrix Reloaded

• ive told capty to change this 30k times, but he's a fag

• View blog

Re: The Matrix Reloaded

Posted 14 May 2003 - 11:32 PM

lemme be the first to say, it was great. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• <title>Untitled Document</title>

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:58 AM

It was awesome.

Spoilers: Select text to see.

Start here

Trinity Dies!

Neo restarts her heart in a really corny and stupid scene. She lives again.....

The end sucks, because it is a cliffhanger ending with no conclusion..... blah.

End

This post has been edited by gneato: 15 May 2003 - 01:01 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 01:23 AM

Well I was sadly disappointed... It was not awesome, it was lacking a lot.

It had none of the mystery, or intelligence that the original had, sure the effects were spectacular, but they over did some of them and made them come off corny.

The fighting was really cool (especially the neo vs. agent smiths, the flying smiths were real cool) but at the very start, that shit with trinity falling was the stupidest thing I have ever seen. And what was the deal with all the sexual innuendo?

I guess I just went in to the show expecting a lot more... Not to mention the Spiderman esque ending, I hope that phenomenon doesn't catch on to much more.

Highlights? the hulk trailer, that is going to kick ass, the agent smith fight scene (to bad they didn't expand his role a bit more, or at all) and the freeway bike chase.

Lowlights? The Zion orgy thing (what did that have to do with anything [we knew that trinity and neo loved eachother], usually you put the rejoicing celebration scene at the end of the movie), the addition of some characters that did very little in expanding the plot (that dude that worshiped neo), and neo flying like superman and shit (that was a bit overboard IMO).

Overall I'm sad to say that this was far below the par set by the Matrix. Sure it was an intertaining movie, but T3 will be as well, I was expecting a total blowout and had to settle for a bonfire.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:55 AM

i thought it was great.

sam's right, intellectually it didn't have as many layers as the first, but there were still some good braintwisters that require a second watch.

anyway, if you're reading this thread you've probably seen it.

i thought that the part about the oracle got lost a little bit... it should have been this earthshattering revelation but it ended up being a little bit of an aside almost.... ya know?

the fight scenes were good but some were too long, and they were all kind of the same.

even so, i loved the movie. could have lived without all the sex.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 08:56 AM

oh yeah, and before someone complains that the whole mind-bending reality vs illusion thing was missing, what did you expect? all of that was explained in the first one, so there weren't any surprises in the second one.... there couldn't be...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 10:10 AM

klewlis, on May 15 2003, 08:56 AM, said:

oh yeah, and before someone complains that the whole mind-bending reality vs illusion thing was missing, what did you expect? all of that was explained in the first one, so there weren't any surprises in the second one.... there couldn't be...

well, the matrix could have been real and the idea of zion could have been an illusion, that would have been a braintwister... :lol:

I seem to have the same opinion as you klewless, It was a fun movie to see and it was one of the better movies this year, but it just wasn't the kind of move I was expecting. I just think it was a little over the top and trying to be too cool.

Another thing that kind of hardened my heart was the whole thing where morphus was a crazy man, and kind of an outcast, kind of deminished his badass reputation from the first.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• risky operation, but worth it.

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 10:45 AM

well, he ended up really being a crazy man, didnt he? :) (in this one at least)

i just hated the fucking rave scene... that was completely redonkulus.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• <title>Untitled Document</title>

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:08 PM

The rave scene was really stupid; it didn't fit in at all. Seems like they put the sex scene in just because someone said "we need more sex"
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:20 PM

i liked it, sure things like the rave werent needed, but they didnt bother me.

my only real problem is, they hinted we would get to see things like werewolves and vampires and shit, and then didnt give it to us. they even had some vampire movie on the tv in one of those scenes, they just fucked with us. i thought they could have done some really cool shit with that, they just didnt capitize.

on a scale of 1-10 i still give it an 'oh shit son' rating.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:41 PM

Ok, I'll throw in my $.02...

The Plot: The matrix is actually an experiment *still* after 100 years (must be running Win98, since they've reinstalled 6 times!) The point of it is to find out what really makes life worth living (remember the constant allusion to choice?) Even the council guy was in on it (another rouge program?) The architect explained all of this & still give away too much (see below...) The oracle being a program? It fits better once you know about the Matrix being constantly reformatted. She give hope to those that dare to choose against & question 'reality' (& delivering them into another dream instead). That little kid? Perfectly trained by the Oracle to show how rediculous Neo being 'the One' is? (see below) Since 'love' was the switch they flipped this time around, why not?

The Effects: Very nice. Not quite as earth shattering as it had been pumped up. Actually, I found it kind of distracting that some of the blue-screens were done so bad (holes in the Zion reality or poor film making?)

Morpheus: Does it really matter that his is considered an outcast/insane by some? The closer you hold a belief, the easier it is to snap (I was half expecting Neo during his little speech to Morpheus to say "we're all the one" (but that would have been horrible!)).

Trinity: Did we really need the code view of Neo restarting her heart?

Agent Smith: What can I say. If you didn't appreciate his contribs to this movie (more than the 'flying Smiths' scene), watch it again. (See below).

The Agents: Why all of a sudden does everyone thing they can beat up an agent b/c Neo can? These guys were the big bad asses, now their just another fight coming down the script!

Side Characters: I really liked the idea of there being side programs in the Matrix (the Oracle, Architect, Persephone, Key Maker (hillarious!)). Some of it wasn't needed, like the Twins (did we need to know that they are 'ghosts'), though Persephone's little bit (& tight freakin' dress!! :D ) was a little more interesting (programs needing euphoria 'routines' every now & again.)

Ok, so what is below.....

...just a final idea/theory......

What is the importance of Neo?

Why does Morpheus believe in the One?

Why didn't the Oracle have cookies this time?

Ok... here it is. Agent Smith is the One! Think, they've been fighting this war for 100 years in the Matrix, but this is the first time a program has left & entered MeatSpace (even if that is just an illusion as well.) Smith is the One.

Note: I retain the right to change my mind after a few more views! (Never drink 2 Bladder-buster Cokes b/f the movie! There is a reason they're called that! A painful reason!!)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 02:42 PM

I thought it was a pretty good movie

supersloth, on May 15 2003, 02:20 PM, said:

my only real problem is, they hinted we would get to see things like werewolves and vampires and shit, and then didnt give it to us. they even had some vampire movie on the tv in one of those scenes, they just fucked with us. i thought they could have done some really cool shit with that, they just didnt capitize.

I could be wrong, but couldnt' those albino twins be considered vampires? I mean, they're Über pale and they can change into a flying being of sort. They're the rogue programs that are hiding from destruction. I dunno, just my thoughts.

I give it about a 5.0 on the w00t meter
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:02 PM

i think they would be more likely to be called ghosts since they could 'phase' out and shit, not to mention didnt suck anyones blood.

i just think it would have been cool if during the 'mueseum fight' that all those guys woulda started their own kind of 'hulk out' and started getting all violent and strong werewolf style. really kool stuff. and it adds another dimension to the whole weird shit happening inside the matrix (our reality) these things happen because of these screwed up programs. their not imaginary, their a side of the world no one sees because were all prisoners, and when we do see them its by accident. i dunno if im explaining it the right way that im seeing it, but i just thought it was a REALLY good oppotunity they missed out on.

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING

i also have the feeling smith will destory the matrix. i think now that he knows what its like to 'feel' he will probably move over to the humans side at one point and give them the answers no one else could. neo is the reason he's 'free' after all isnt he?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:13 PM

objekt404, on May 15 2003, 02:41 PM, said:

(Never drink 2 Bladder-buster Cokes b/f the movie! There is a reason they're called that! A painful reason!!)

I know about that... I was in pain from about the car chase seen on :( :lol:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• risky operation, but worth it.

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2003 - 04:38 PM

supersloth, on May 15 2003, 03:20 PM, said:

i liked it, sure things like the rave werent needed, but they didnt bother me.

on a scale of 1-10 i still give it an 'oh shit son' rating.

why do you think persephone needed silver bullets? they did give it to us.. just very understated style. and what do you think those twins were.. they were "ghosts"
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »