Webhosting: Gentoo

Need some help with apache/gentoo

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1246 Views - Last Post: 13 July 2003 - 10:28 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Webhosting: Gentoo

Posted 23 May 2003 - 02:57 AM

I have a dedicated 600mhz Linux box co-located, I have gentoo on the box and want to beable to host a few domains on it. What all do I have to do to setup apache so that I can host users with FTP access, and the ability to create mysql databases, and email users at their domain? I'd also like to know how to limit how much space they can consume and allow them to have subdomains.

I know its not a very good explanation, but if you guys have any input please help.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Webhosting: Gentoo

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Webhosting: Gentoo

Posted 10 June 2003 - 05:46 PM

well you have to start by setting up apache with virtual hosts, do u plan on givin them ssh access as well? and for the sub domain thing, unless u just want them to tell u to make it and u make it manually, u should write a script to let them create it. ull also need mysql running to create the sql databases u mentioned before, as well as ftpd which i dunno which gentoo brings. most of these things u will need to write scripts to allow your users to add emails, and such. do u have mail server running already? which of the dameons u need do u already have up and running? more details please.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Webhosting: Gentoo

Posted 13 July 2003 - 10:28 PM

I have all the daemons running already, the ftpd is proftpd ..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1