Loading Assemblies

How to load assemblies dynamically (in runtime and design time)

Page 1 of 1

0 Replies - 939 Views - Last Post: 03 December 2008 - 09:21 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Loading Assemblies

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:21 AM

Hi
I know that there is a straightforward way to load an assembly in run-time using Assembly.Load and then we can get its types using its GetTypes method.
But that solution has some problems, for example if you try to load an assembly in another directory rather than your project directory (and the assembly has some dependencies to other assemblies) you will get an exception saying it can not load the assembly or one of its dependencies.
I'm working on a design time tool and I want to show a list of types that are included in current solution in a UITypeEditor(Something like a tool that Workflow designer has when you want to pick a ExternalDataExchange).Since this list is being build in design time I just need the name of types(and may be to check if they have some attributes attached to them) and I don't want to load them.
So here I have a question to ask.How can I get a list of type names of classes in current solution in Visual Studio IDE?

Thank you

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1