Please review my blog

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1691 Views - Last Post: 21 December 2008 - 01:11 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Please review my blog

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:13 AM

[Admin Edit: URL Removed. Spam]

This is my first blog. I would like to get honest reviews about the contents of the blog, layout, accessibility etc.

The blog covers various aspects like web design, web promotion, web 2.0, affiliate marketing, making money online, internet security, various articles on how to promote your blogs and forums etc.

One new feature i guess that adds quality is that you can request a website review in my reviews section. Before you decide to buy something or take a service from one of those online shops or related drop me a request. I will do the reviewing for free so that you can have peace of mind.

If you like them please bookmark them so that other people can also read this. Also you can subscribe to my feed.
I update it on a regular basis of 3 posts per day. You can expect this behavior at least for the coming one month. Then i will be adding at least 1 article every 2 days. All articles will be unique and not copied. If any references are taken it will be specifically mentioned before start of the post

Guest blogger's are welcome. Please do not copy paste the articles to your website if you find them useful. just copy 2 or 3 lines and then guide people to my website with a link.

Thank you everyone in advance for your reviews.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Please review my blog

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Please review my blog

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:32 AM

I love the coloring and graphic feel, very cool. But the blog has some design flaws...

1) "Your complete online guide for internet related resources" up at the top is in black and hard to read at all. It gets drowned out by the background.

2) Everything appears spilled onto the page with little organization other than a couple columns. Try making more sections. You started this "Hi. Welcome to net guide central" section but then you let it fade into the background as you scroll down. Try setting off some sections.

3) Point number 2 above can be applied to your graphics for paypal and voting for you etc.

4) The boxes around the "Leave a comment" and such is almost unnoticeable it is so dark. Originally I didn't even know it was there until I accidentally caught an edge of the box.

5) Watch what is capitalized and which is not. Your category names on the right hand side list have some capitalized and some not. It makes the ones that are not seem out of place. You have "web 2.0" next to "Web content" next to "Web Promotion". Notice the capitalization in these three categories.

6) I don't think your tag cloud is working correctly. I see all tags the same size except for "blog" and "website features". I should be seeing multiple levels based on relevancy. It also doesn't change when you change the page.

7) You might want to set off your sub headings a little more than simply bolding them. Even making them one size up from regular text but one size down from the main heading might do the trick. Something that shows they are headings and not just some bolded terms which you use often in normal text.

8) Your technorati, vote for me, paypal etc graphics left edge are night lined up with the left edge of the "Hi. Welcome to net guide central." text that is above.

9) Your menu options in the very far upper right corner should capitalized because your menu navigation bar choices are also capitalized. Plus I am not quite sure you need a "skip to content 1" if all it is going to do is take you down the page a half inch. It is like making a reverse "go to top" link which is not really working here.

Those are some of the changes I would make here. The overall appeal is pretty cool though so don't change that. Just work on consistency of capitalization, setting off particular elements and making everything appear sectioned off and grouped together by relevance. Then you will have a great blog.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

Thank you for the very elaborate and informative suggestions. I would like to make the changes but the problem is i am not familiar with php so i dont know how to modify the templates. I will see to the capitalization problem.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:41 AM

Hey i have changed the blog theme completely. Have a look now
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head