2 Replies - 576 Views - Last Post: 05 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Joomla theme altered with images or css?

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:14 PM

Hi,

I've been messing around with a few joomla themes trying to get the design I like and I've found that large chunks of the design are simply set images. Altering the css of the module width, for example, makes no design difference at all because the "box" that is the module outline is a set image, and so the box width would need to be altered (via image editor) aswell.

My question is whether you can get themes which can be altered in this manner completely (within reason) through altering the css?

If so, do you know of any free themes like this?

Thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Joomla theme altered with images or css?

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Joomla theme altered with images or css?

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:18 PM

are you working with the default joomla theme?

its been about a year since I messed with joomla but I find it really strange that if you are using a default theme that they use images like that.

normally when I customize a cms like that I'll either use the default (or somethings like wordpress hey have an even more basic version) and build up from there, that way you can do all of that sort of construction on your own..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Joomla theme altered with images or css?

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:36 PM

No, I'm not using the default theme. You're saying they don't all use images then. Great, thanks. Using the default theme and completely re-designing it may be the best idea then. This is definately possible using only css then? (apart from the obvious things ..header etc.)

My main question having been answered, does anyone know where I can find any decent themes not using images in the described manner?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1