jQuery plugin works in most browsers but not IE

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 2089 Views - Last Post: 09 December 2008 - 11:05 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

jQuery Plugin - IE Troubles

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:42 PM

I am developing a jQuery plugin called fotoShow. It pops up a modal box to display a slideshow. All you do is tell it which elements on the page are your thumbnails and it will do the rest for you. When you click on a thumbnail it opens the fotoShow box displaying the full size image (url is determined by a function which can be changed with an option). It is completely customizeable with CSS to be able to make it your own.

The problem I've been having is that it works completely fine in Firefox and Opera but has some issues in IE7 (the only three browsers I've tested it on. Feel free to test on other browsers and let me know how it goes :D ). The thumbnails come up as "links" (I put the css property cursor:pointer on them) and, according to the debugger, it runs through the code that bring up the box but nothing actually happens. Nothing shows up. No errors are popping up, either. (I have very limited debugger usage ability so I could only track where it went in the code and, though I wasn't seeing any errors, it doesn't necessarily mean there weren't any) I just cannot find out what in the world is preventing the box from showing up.

There is too much code to just post up here so I made a zip file that includes an html example file, images (thumbnails and full size... of me and my gf just because I didn't have anything better), css file that stylizes the fotoShow box, and of course the jQuery and fotoShow javascript files. The zip file is attached to this post. If anyone could help me it would be seriously, SERIOUSLY appreciated.

Thanks muchly,
Joe Zim

Attached File(s)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: jQuery Plugin - IE Troubles

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: jQuery Plugin - IE Troubles

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:59 PM

I am not 100% sure this will work for you... but I came across this today and it looks like it may solve your problem. It is a piece of javascript that is supposed to make versions of IE to follow web standards compliance... which jquery is known to follow, being that it will validate in a w3c check. So, if it helps... please let me know! I am also looking forward to seeing your plugin in action :)

http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: jQuery Plugin - IE Troubles

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:05 PM

Thanks for the input, but nothing changed. It's still doing the exact same 'nothing'. That's a nifty little tool you found though. I'll have to consider that for future projects. You can see the plugin in action if you want. You can download the zip file and run the html file on your computer if you want... just don't use IE ;) .
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1