Fury Project

Making a game Super Smash Bros. Based

Page 1 of 1

11 Replies - 942 Views - Last Post: 06 January 2009 - 12:52 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Fury Project

Post icon  Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

I came up with a idea for a big fighting game I want your support, suggestions and help.

First things first, how can I create character models for this C# game and if there's anther program I need tell me... now. B)
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Fury Project

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Fury Project

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

View PostHyper Hominid, on 9 Dec, 2008 - 03:28 PM, said:

I came up with a idea for a big fighting game I want your support, suggestions and help.

First things first, how can I create character models for this C# game and if there's anther program I need tell me... now. B)

A little demanding there, eh? You can create models by hand or with a 3-d application... I would suggest looking at http://www.blender.org/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:32 PM

This is my favorite part:

tell me BIG PAUSE now
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:39 PM

If you don't know how to implement your idea, it means you have more learning to do in the arts of game programming. I'd list a bunch of references for OpenGL and different programming languages, but you can find it all in the pinned threads.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:39 AM

Thanks, now another question. Is the Blender compatable with visual studio C# or not because I'm not so sure.

:unsure:

And also one more thing. I'm planning on getting a laptop but my aunt got mad at my first choice because she said I need one with more power and room, so I choose a P-series from gateway. You think I made a good choice?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:49 AM

View PostHyper Hominid, on 17 Dec, 2008 - 11:39 AM, said:

Thanks, now another question. Is the Blender compatable with visual studio C# or not because I'm not so sure.

:unsure:

And also one more thing. I'm planning on getting a laptop but my aunt got mad at my first choice because she said I need one with more power and room, so I choose a P-series from gateway. You think I made a good choice?

http://www.google.co...t...mp;oq=&aqi=

Regarding the laptop.. I'm not sure what your first choice was, nor what you current rig is. I would probably hate myself if I had to do 3d design on a laptop screen. I would suggest getting a real monitor and plugging it into that when you are doing work.

Though on a personal level I am not a fan of Gateways.

Site note... I'm not sure if you are calling this endeavor "fury project" but I keep seeing the thread title and the first thought is "furry project". ewww.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

I can do 3D fine on my laptop except for the fact that it was made by HP and thus has a bad backlight that flickers sometimes >.< it's got so many problems!

It sounds like you should do some research about game design without ever writing a single line of code. And when you write code, it's for the sake of learning programming theory so that later you can combine the two and work many languages to fit many game ideas.

Lastly, don't worry about finishing this project, concentrate on learning. Get to the point where you know how to make a smash-brothers style game. It's been 4 years of me learning and programming my game project, but I never really finish my games unless they're small.

This post has been edited by WolfCoder: 17 December 2008 - 06:36 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Segmentation fault
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:57 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 17 Dec, 2008 - 12:49 PM, said:

Site note... I'm not sure if you are calling this endeavor "fury project" but I keep seeing the thread title and the first thought is "furry project". ewww.

Aha I thought the same thing.

@Hyper, considering what you're asking I think you may need to learn more before you can make a game. I agree with WolfCoder, do some reading and then come back here. Ask specific questions and we'd love to help you.

You need to pick a graphics API if you want to display any 3d models. The two most popular APIs are Direct3D and OpenGL.

If you want to use C#, you should look into XNA (which is an abstraction around Direct3D).

If you want help picking out a laptop you should post in another section. That said, Dells are cheap and get the job done. Get a business one if you can (have to order them online). They come with the same hardware, but no crapware loaded on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

*forgetting laptop part* Apparently it does support C++ but yeah, i tink XNA would help too. Then you could also get it to work for XBOX360 ftw? xD
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Segmentation fault
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:19 PM

I feel that I need to point this out, because no one else has, but the tool you use to make 3d models doesn't need to have anything to do with the language you're using.

C# doesn't "support" Blender, but Blender can export models that you can read with C#.

XNA looks pretty nice if you're a C# programmer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

:) Ok thats helpful but does Visual studio C++ support the game studio? :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 modi123_1  Icon User is online