5 Replies - 1041 Views - Last Post: 15 December 2008 - 09:47 PM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Deviants  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 17-November 08

Transform this into a Text-Based game

Posted 09 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

Alright well... I have this Runescape Private Server client sitting around and I've been thinking about it. I was wondering if I could take the log in procedures and what not out of this and use it for a Text-Based Java game. I want to make it so that when you login it just takes you to a page that shows your resources (Money, Metal, Oil) and then I'll work my way up to updating those resources every 10 minutes.

The client looks pretty solid for what I'm trying to do.. I was just wondering if someone could help me strip it down. I'm pretty darn new to Java.

Download to view the files with login and stuff

SERVER
http://www.2shared.c....08_Server.html

CLIENT
http://www.2shared.c....08_Client.html

This post has been edited by Deviants: 09 December 2008 - 08:03 PM


Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Transform this into a Text-Based game

#2 pbl  Icon User is offline

  • There is nothing you can't do with a JTable
  • member icon

Reputation: 8315
  • View blog
  • Posts: 31,836
  • Joined: 06-March 08

Re: Transform this into a Text-Based game

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:56 PM

View PostDeviants, on 9 Dec, 2008 - 06:56 PM, said:

Alright well... I have this Runescape Private Server client sitting around and I've been thinking about it. I was wondering if I could take the log in procedures and what not out of this and use it for a Text-Based Java game. I want to make it so that when you login it just takes you to a page that shows your resources (Money, Metal, Oil) and then I'll work my way up to updating those resources every 10 minutes.

The client looks pretty solid for what I'm trying to do.. I was just wondering if someone could help me strip it down. I'm pretty darn new to Java.

Download to view the files with login and stuff

SERVER
http://www.2shared.c....08_Server.html

CLIENT
http://www.2shared.c....08_Client.html


Your question will have to be more specific as

[rules][/rules]
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Deviants  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 17-November 08

Re: Transform this into a Text-Based game

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:50 PM

View Postpbl, on 9 Dec, 2008 - 08:56 PM, said:

View PostDeviants, on 9 Dec, 2008 - 06:56 PM, said:

Alright well... I have this Runescape Private Server client sitting around and I've been thinking about it. I was wondering if I could take the log in procedures and what not out of this and use it for a Text-Based Java game. I want to make it so that when you login it just takes you to a page that shows your resources (Money, Metal, Oil) and then I'll work my way up to updating those resources every 10 minutes.

The client looks pretty solid for what I'm trying to do.. I was just wondering if someone could help me strip it down. I'm pretty darn new to Java.

Download to view the files with login and stuff

SERVER
http://www.2shared.c....08_Server.html

CLIENT
http://www.2shared.c....08_Client.html


Your question will have to be more specific as

[rules][/rules]


You sort of need to download the server before knowing...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 markhazlett9  Icon User is offline

  • Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

Reputation: 60
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,666
  • Joined: 12-July 08

Re: Transform this into a Text-Based game

Posted 10 December 2008 - 04:58 PM

View PostDeviants, on 10 Dec, 2008 - 03:50 PM, said:

View Postpbl, on 9 Dec, 2008 - 08:56 PM, said:

View PostDeviants, on 9 Dec, 2008 - 06:56 PM, said:

Alright well... I have this Runescape Private Server client sitting around and I've been thinking about it. I was wondering if I could take the log in procedures and what not out of this and use it for a Text-Based Java game. I want to make it so that when you login it just takes you to a page that shows your resources (Money, Metal, Oil) and then I'll work my way up to updating those resources every 10 minutes.

The client looks pretty solid for what I'm trying to do.. I was just wondering if someone could help me strip it down. I'm pretty darn new to Java.

Download to view the files with login and stuff

SERVER
http://www.2shared.c....08_Server.html

CLIENT
http://www.2shared.c....08_Client.html


Your question will have to be more specific as

[rules][/rules]


You sort of need to download the server before knowing...


We don't like downloading things here at dream in code. Please post your code with the question.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 William_Wilson  Icon User is offline

  • lost in compilation
  • member icon

Reputation: 204
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,807
  • Joined: 23-December 05

Re: Transform this into a Text-Based game

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:06 PM

Quote

The file you have requested is not valid.

You seem to be asking us to do it for you, not help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Deviants  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 17-November 08

Re: Transform this into a Text-Based game

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

View PostWilliam_Wilson, on 10 Dec, 2008 - 04:06 PM, said:

Quote

The file you have requested is not valid.

You seem to be asking us to do it for you, not help.



Well I'm pretty much clueless...

Once I get this simple server made the rest I should be able to do easily.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1