Preparing for C++ final

How do you study for it?

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1734 Views - Last Post: 11 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Preparing for C++ final

Post icon  Posted 11 December 2008 - 06:54 PM

Okay, this question might sound silly, but how do you prepare for a coding final? This is my very first language i learned (C++) and i have struggled a bit. I have in class assignments and homeworks to reference to, but i seem to confused my rules of coding sometimes. I can do a code 90%, but i get stuck. We have always worked in groups for in class work as well as on my homeworks, so naturally i struggle more when i code alone. We are also going to be timed so that is even more nerve wracking. Also, when i compile my code, i'll get error codes that i have trouble understanding as it doesn't tell you the exact error or the line the error is on.

I feel very certain that i'm not going to pass my final. I understand this is my first language i've learned, but i thought i'd be more confident by now after studying it in school for 3 months. I feel a bit hopeless right now.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Preparing for C++ final

• member icon

• View blog

Re: Preparing for C++ final

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

I don't think the instructor is going to require your code to be flawless.

Instead of worrying about the actual code, I would just do some problem solving, and think about how you would do that in C++. Programming is just glorified problem solving. As long as you can solve a problem, you should be fine. If you're truly worried about the language itself, just browse through your text book, or http://www.cppreference.com. I think the best thing you can do for yourself is not freak out. If you're more relaxed, you'll be able to think clearly.

Good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Preparing for C++ final

Posted 11 December 2008 - 07:13 PM

View PostGWatt, on 11 Dec, 2008 - 06:06 PM, said:

I don't think the instructor is going to require your code to be flawless.

Instead of worrying about the actual code, I would just do some problem solving, and think about how you would do that in C++. Programming is just glorified problem solving. As long as you can solve a problem, you should be fine. If you're truly worried about the language itself, just browse through your text book, or http://www.cppreference.com. I think the best thing you can do for yourself is not freak out. If you're more relaxed, you'll be able to think clearly.

Good luck.

Thank you. I am freaking out a bit too much so that won't help. I will try what you suggested.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1