Useless Facts

They make you think, or not!

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

41 Replies - 1391 Views - Last Post: 20 June 2003 - 11:23 AM

#1 Cookie Mobster  Icon User is offline

  • nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

Reputation: 7
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,730
  • Joined: 12-October 01

Useless Facts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 11:03 PM

1) When you sneeze, all bodily functions stop--even you heart!
2) To keep cool, Ostriges urinate on their legs; it then evaporates like sweat
3) Only 2 people signed the declaration of independence on July 4. The Last person signed 2 years later.
4) If done perfectly, any rubix cube combination can be solved in 17 turns
5) Gilligan of Gilligan's Island had a first name that was only used once, on the never-aired pilot show. His first name was Willy.
6) St. Bernard dogs do not carry kegs of brandy, and never have.
7) Mozart wrote the nusery rhyme 'twinkle, twinkle, little star' at the age of five.
8) Napoleon constructed his battle plans in a sandbox.
9) At 300 pounds, William Howard Taft was the only US President to get stuck in the White House bathtub
10) Mount Olympis Mons on Mars is three times the size of Mount. Everest

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Useless Facts

#2 Ben Goulbourn  Icon User is offline

  • Go Leafs

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,629
  • Joined: 29-May 02

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 11:09 PM

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 02:03 AM, said:

6) St. Bernard dogs do not carry kegs of brandy, and never have.

10) Mount Olympis Mons on Mars is three times the size of Mount. Everest

haha, that was pretty funny......kegs of brandy around their necks, in the Vic's Vapour Drop comercials....

number 10 is cool too
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Dr. Tim  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Addict

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 993
  • Joined: 20-March 02

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 07:32 AM

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 06:03 AM, said:

7) Mozart wrote the nusery rhyme 'twinkle, twinkle, little star' at the age of five.

.... Crazy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 jaredigital  Icon User is offline

  • 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,090
  • Joined: 22-April 01

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 08:19 AM

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 01:03 AM, said:

6) St. Bernard dogs do not carry kegs of brandy, and never have.

whoa, then there must have been Wild Turkey or Thundrbird in my juice box that time i was 10 and went to an Oregon national park and saw a st. bernard with a keg around his neck, and we asked the ranger if there was really brandy in it, and he said "yes there is".

<_<
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 supersloth  Icon User is offline

  • serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon


Reputation: 4425
  • View blog
  • Posts: 28,355
  • Joined: 21-March 01

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 08:23 AM

jaredigital, on Jun 17 2003, 08:19 AM, said:

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 01:03 AM, said:

6) St. Bernard dogs do not carry kegs of brandy, and never have.

whoa, then there must have been Wild Turkey or Thundrbird in my juice box that time i was 10 and went to an Oregon national park and saw a st. bernard with a keg around his neck, and we asked the ranger if there was really brandy in it, and he said "yes there is".

<_<

that means theres 2 possibilities here.

1. He lied to you.
B. Your lying.
III. Sloth's sisters are all coke'd up from the cokehead20 concert.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 objekt404  Icon User is offline

  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,568
  • Joined: 15-April 01

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 08:35 AM

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 01:03 AM, said:

4) If done perfectly, any rubix cube combination can be solved in 17 turns

Great, now I'm gonna have to go dig my cube back out...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 jaredigital  Icon User is offline

  • 42. That's my final answer.
  • member icon

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,090
  • Joined: 22-April 01

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 10:29 AM

supersloth, on Jun 17 2003, 10:23 AM, said:

that means theres 2 possibilities here.

1.
B.
III.

:lol:

i choose possibility number G. but it's always best to blame the cokeheads anyways.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 Cookie Mobster  Icon User is offline

  • nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

Reputation: 7
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,730
  • Joined: 12-October 01

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 10:41 AM

11) The largest turtle ever found weighed 2,016 pounds.
12) Gas lantern mantles are radioactive. So much so that they will set off an alarm at a nuclear reactor
13) Maine is the only state whose name is just one syllable.
14) Honey is the only naturally-occurring food that doesn't spoil?
15) "Skepticisms" is the longest word in which typing you have to alternate hands for each corresponding letter.
16) The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable"
17) Ironically the Ramses brand condom is named after pharaoh Ramses II who fathered over 160 children.
18) The longest English word is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioses, a lung disease caused by inhaling volcanic dust.
19) Each day more money is printed for the game, monopoly than is printed by the US Treasury.
20) If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for $1.00.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 klewlis  Icon User is offline

  • cur tu me vexas?

Reputation: 8
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,723
  • Joined: 09-November 01

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 10:57 AM

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 11:41 AM, said:

14) Honey is the only naturally-occurring food that doesn't spoil?

that's not true. honey ferments.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 Cookie Mobster  Icon User is offline

  • nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

Reputation: 7
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,730
  • Joined: 12-October 01

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 11:02 AM

klewlis, on Jun 17 2003, 10:57 AM, said:

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 11:41 AM, said:

14) Honey is the only naturally-occurring food that doesn't spoil?

that's not true. honey ferments.

:)

pure honey shouldn't

When water is introduced back into the honey it will ferment (making Mead) but if it is enclosed in a semi-watertight container it should not ferment for a log time. Egyptian tombs have been found with good honey in them after 4000 years...

Technically it "will" if left in the wrong conditions
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 supersloth  Icon User is offline

  • serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon


Reputation: 4425
  • View blog
  • Posts: 28,355
  • Joined: 21-March 01

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:47 PM

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 11:02 AM, said:

klewlis, on Jun 17 2003, 10:57 AM, said:

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 11:41 AM, said:

14) Honey is the only naturally-occurring food that doesn't spoil?

that's not true. honey ferments.

:)

pure honey shouldn't

When water is introduced back into the honey it will ferment (making Mead) but if it is enclosed in a semi-watertight container it should not ferment for a log time. Egyptian tombs have been found with good honey in them after 4000 years...

Technically it "will" if left in the wrong conditions

so, how many bee hives do you really keep sam?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 Cookie Mobster  Icon User is offline

  • nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

Reputation: 7
  • View blog
  • Posts: 4,730
  • Joined: 12-October 01

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:49 PM

supersloth, on Jun 17 2003, 12:47 PM, said:

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 11:02 AM, said:

klewlis, on Jun 17 2003, 10:57 AM, said:

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 11:41 AM, said:

14) Honey is the only naturally-occurring food that doesn't spoil?

that's not true. honey ferments.

:)

pure honey shouldn't

When water is introduced back into the honey it will ferment (making Mead) but if it is enclosed in a semi-watertight container it should not ferment for a log time. Egyptian tombs have been found with good honey in them after 4000 years...

Technically it "will" if left in the wrong conditions

so, how many bee hives do you really keep sam?

5,034 beehives!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 Ben Goulbourn  Icon User is offline

  • Go Leafs

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,629
  • Joined: 29-May 02

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:11 PM

supersloth, on Jun 17 2003, 11:23 AM, said:

jaredigital, on Jun 17 2003, 08:19 AM, said:

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 01:03 AM, said:

6) St. Bernard dogs do not carry kegs of brandy, and never have.

whoa, then there must have been Wild Turkey or Thundrbird in my juice box that time i was 10 and went to an Oregon national park and saw a st. bernard with a keg around his neck, and we asked the ranger if there was really brandy in it, and he said "yes there is".

<_<

that means theres 2 possibilities here.

1. He lied to you.
B. Your lying.
III. Sloth's sisters are all coke'd up from the cokehead20 concert.

lol
so you actuially saw one with brandy in a keg around its neck.... strange

yeah, sloth....lets hear an update about that whole concert/coke/cokebox20 thing......
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 supersloth  Icon User is offline

  • serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon


Reputation: 4425
  • View blog
  • Posts: 28,355
  • Joined: 21-March 01

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:47 PM

they havent got home yet...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 klewlis  Icon User is offline

  • cur tu me vexas?

Reputation: 8
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,723
  • Joined: 09-November 01

Re: Useless Facts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 01:56 PM

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 12:02 PM, said:

klewlis, on Jun 17 2003, 10:57 AM, said:

Cookie Mobster, on Jun 17 2003, 11:41 AM, said:

14) Honey is the only naturally-occurring food that doesn't spoil?

that's not true. honey ferments.

:)

pure honey shouldn't

When water is introduced back into the honey it will ferment (making Mead) but if it is enclosed in a semi-watertight container it should not ferment for a log time. Egyptian tombs have been found with good honey in them after 4000 years...

Technically it "will" if left in the wrong conditions

well that criterion wasn't in the original statement.

"honey is the only natural food that doesn't spoil (as long as no moisture gets into the container)"

:P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3