Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 874 Views - Last Post: 13 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Is this possible?

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

NB: Is this the right forum?

I'm only 16 but I have a passion with computing and especially web development and design. However I also love maths and wish to eventually study Mathematics and Computer Science at Oxbridge or another top UK university.

I do not wish to go into the web designing business but rather finance, however I still like web design, so I was wondering...

Would it be possible to both have a fairly demanding job as well as have a website for web development/design or would this just be making my life 24/7 work?

Also on the subject, is it too much work to have a website designing website whilst at university or again is this too much workload?

Thanks

P.S. I do realise I'm only 16 and have a few more years ahead of me before I even go to university, let alone a job.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Is this possible?

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is this possible?

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:59 AM

I believe that you shuld follow through with what you want to do. Ask yourself "Is this what I want to do, and will I enjoy the work?" Only you can answer that. If it is something you truly enjoy then go for it! Just be certain to not get yourself in too deep to where you have no time for yourself. You're still young and have your entire life ahead of you. To answer your question, Yes, you will have created a workload that will be quite continuous, if you're successfull with it. You're the only one that can be certian that it is worth it to you though.

My advice is this: Give it a shot. If you find that you can't handle it you can always either decrease your workload by accepting fewer projects, or, you can cut your losses and run!

Good luck to you!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include <greeter>
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Is this possible?

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:25 PM

Yeah, like the last poster said, you definitely want some time for yourself, you don't want to be consumed by work. High school is the best time of your life, you don't want to screw it up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1