2 Replies - 619 Views - Last Post: 31 December 2008 - 08:07 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Action Script

Post icon  Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:28 AM

i just had my diploma in web development but i dont know lots about html codes. and action script. i can only design using dreamweaver. is that alright or can any expert explain or give a helping hands or how to begin ?
thanks.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Action Script

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Action Script

Posted 22 December 2008 - 08:46 AM

Well, it is definately better to know the language(s) you are trying to get a job programming/coding in. Most people can pick up a program and figure out how to use it sufficiently within a couple of days, but if you show mastery of the languages then you will have an upper hand when it comes to getting jobs, etc.

As far as what you should be learning it goes like so (my rating system, not the world's)
Must haves:
(X)HTML
CSS
PHP/ some other server-side language
Good to have:
Javascript
Actionscript
Not really needed
Knowledge of how to use a specific program to accomplish a web dev task

For instance, I started out with HTML, then moved on to CSS and afterwards JS, then I got my first server and learned PHP/MySQL and later on Actionscript. I prefer to use a standard text editor like Notepad or Notepad++ (for syntax highlighting), but I can use pretty much whatever program if placed in front of me, especially if I am allowed to use the source view as I go.

As far as designing a website goes, you should probably start learning how to make skins in an art program (PS or Fireworks if you have them and Gimp if you don't, Gimp is free).

Hope that helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Action Script

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:07 AM

Try using LiveSwif (its a free flash maker) it has a few starting code snippets and is really simple.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1