Store data..

Which way should i use to store data...and is there any other way?

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 954 Views - Last Post: 25 December 2008 - 05:09 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Store data..

Posted 24 December 2008 - 04:36 PM

Hi! I whould like to store information like in a database, but I dont want to use any database...is there any smart way to store data in the application itself?...or should I stick to building an access database and let the data be stored in there?

Im building an application to start a timer and I then want it to be possible to save the time and also name each "timeer" to a specific name...so my first idea were to create a access-db where I store the ID the Name of the timer and the Time of the Timer...but is there any more professional way or ebtter way to store such data without useing a database?

Thanks in advance!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Store data..

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Store data..

Posted 24 December 2008 - 07:50 PM

If there is not much data and you plan to re-use it multiple times, then you should store as application settings. If you have a big amount of data and don't want to store it into a database, you can always store it in an external file (either regular text file or XML).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Store data..

Posted 25 December 2008 - 05:09 AM

ok..well i think I will stick to an access-db anyway, since I know most of the basics for that..thanks anyway :)

This post has been edited by inx51: 25 December 2008 - 05:10 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1