3. BBRRRAAAINNNZZ (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote

• Expert Schmexpert...
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: If Jesus rose from the dead,

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:55 AM

Documented where? The bible? I'd rather see a more reliable source. Besides you could interpret it as rise from or rise from again whichever you find appropriate. Personally I think that if he ever existed then some things about his life might just have been made up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Wubba lubba dub dub!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:58 AM

It has been documented outside of the bible that he existed/rose from the dead. I don't have any links for you as of the moment.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

As a christian of sort I was not offended by this topic. I know exactly why this is in the heated forums section. (Read the thread) it evolved exactly as intended.

@ Martyr2 - If everyone thought like that we wouldn't have war, therefore I don't think sports would exist and we would all be forced to get along with each other and never compete we would therefore need to find a new means of global population control. Please refrain from posting anymore knowledge of this sort - we have enough douche bags in this world as it is.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2008 - 11:54 AM

Documented where? The bible? I'd rather see a more reliable source.

for you it may be not a reliable source but for many people it is... you cant ignore this fact...

some things about his life might just have been made up.

can you prove it?

For all those skeptical about the reliability of the bible, please check out this link: http://www.bible.org...hp?page_id=5944 and read under The reliability of the bible.

This post has been edited by ayman_mastermind: 26 December 2008 - 12:00 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:14 PM

View Postayman_mastermind, on 26 Dec, 2008 - 12:54 PM, said:

Documented where? The bible? I'd rather see a more reliable source.

for you it may be not a reliable source but for many people it is... you cant ignore this fact...

some things about his life might just have been made up.

can you prove it?

Let's play devils advocate here:

L. Ron Hubbard founded Scientology and wrote several books. Scientologists presume these documents to be reliable sources as well.

Jules Verne wrote about space, air, and underwater travel before navigable aircraft and practical submarines were invented, and before any means of space travel had been devised.

My point is this - The bible was written and revised many times over by man as is the New York Times. Is everything the NYT write about sacred?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:23 PM

Jules Verne wrote about space, air, and underwater travel before navigable aircraft and practical submarines were invented, and before any means of space travel had been devised.

The period between the occurrence and writing of Jules Verne's ideas was relatively shorter than that of the prophets(thousands of years between each prophet) wrote in. And thousands of years between the writings and occurrence...

The bible was written and revised many times over by man as is the New York Times.

The new york times issues are revised by few people over a very short period of time and all those who revise it know each other and cooperate with each other, on the other hand, the bible was written by many prophets and Jesus Christ students scattered all around the world in different times and at different civilizations, yet the bible is one unified book and all those who wrote it share the same belief and idea although some they did not even know each other, thus there must be a holy 'power', the holy spirit sent from GOD that enlightened these people...

This post has been edited by ayman_mastermind: 26 December 2008 - 12:28 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Bastard Operator From Hell
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

This is a true FUBAR.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Wubba lubba dub dub!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:35 PM

You know what?

I'd like to apologize for having an opinion. Since I don't seem to share the same views with most of you it is my duty as an American citizen to keep my mouth shut. Please continue, I'll stay out of the way.

Clarification:

It was sarcasm.

Also, I'm not welcome here. I find it strangely odd that this thread is fine, but some guy with a sig that talks about Islamic extremists is not permissible. Either it is all ok to talk/debate about or none of it is.

This post has been edited by KYA: 26 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

Why would not sharing the same opinion as many other participants preclude your participation in the conversation (I was going to say debate, but I'm not convinced of that yet)? Everyone has an opinion, and should feel free to share them...that being said, one should also be cognizant of the fact that others may not share your opinion, or be swayed from their own. And why would that have anything to do with nationality?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

View PostNykc, on 26 Dec, 2008 - 10:40 AM, said:

@ Martyr2 - If everyone thought like that we wouldn't have war, therefore I don't think sports would exist and we would all be forced to get along with each other and never compete we would therefore need to find a new means of global population control. Please refrain from posting anymore knowledge of this sort - we have enough douche bags in this world as it is.

Sorry, I was thinking that perhaps if we could some how avoid wars and enjoy peace and prosperity that some how things would work out. But you are right, we need war. ;)

@ayman_mastermind... I think you are missing my point. Sure it might be an attack on a religious symbol, is it twisted and inappropriate? Perhaps. Either way it doesn't matter... you getting offended doesn't do anything but fuel the statement. If you ignore it, refuse to acknowledge anything about it you end up discrediting it. An idea goes no where if no one reacts to it.

There will always be people that attack beliefs, there are always people who spread ignorance. People need to desensitize themselves a bit and in the end you make the ignorant look pathetic. When someone gets no reaction, no attention, no acknowledgment of their bold statement end up growing tired and do something else.

Edit: Example will be this thread... as soon as it loses its novelty it will drop off into oblivion and be forgotten. No one to fuel the thread and it dies. The OP will then move on to something else.

This post has been edited by Martyr2: 26 December 2008 - 02:41 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2008 - 04:15 PM

I'm going to close this thread. For those that choose to put their faith in Jesus, this thread is meant more to antagonize then create debate which is what the Heated Topics area is for. This thread seems to be more geared at getting people riled up rather than spurring intelligent discussion.

Seriously though, it's the internet, and there are ton of people here with all kinds of view points, don't get worked up over stuff like this. Be comfortable in your own faith and know that what you believe in is what you believe in. Don't let other people shake that faith.

Thread Closed.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +