2 Replies - 1852 Views - Last Post: 04 January 2009 - 12:23 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Rotating Images in CSS

Posted 03 January 2009 - 08:21 PM

I am building a clients site in css and he wants 2 sidebars both filled with rotating images (3 rotating in one sidebar and 4 in the other).
I have searched high and low only to find javascript code...is there NO way to do it in css? I am using DW as well and their swap image is only good for swapping 1 image for another (like with rollovers) - cant use multiple images.
Help!?!?!?
Anyone have an idea or code that would work?
Thanks,
graphixxangel

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Rotating Images in CSS

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Rotating Images in CSS

Posted 03 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

CSS is for presentation, not for automation or action logic like you are wanting. You will have to do it through a client side language like Javascript which can set up an array of images, setup a timer to switch out at a given rate etc.

The most CSS can go with this is switching out one image in a rollover. Anything more than that will require some coding in Javascript.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Rotating Images in CSS

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:23 AM

View PostMartyr2, on 3 Jan, 2009 - 08:23 PM, said:

The most CSS can go with this is switching out one image in a rollover. Anything more than that will require some coding in Javascript.

Which is not very useful and easier to do in Javascript, since Microsoft doesn't really understand what CSS stands for or what W3C stands for :).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1