3 Replies - 16976 Views - Last Post: 04 January 2009 - 06:43 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Racing game in C#

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

hi,

is there any links to an OpenSource racing game in C#? i've tryed looking and its all in C++, etc...
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Racing game in C#

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Racing game in C#

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

Take a look at this starter kit for XNA Game Studio:

http://creators.xna....rkit/racinggame

It is completely written in C#, but you will need XNA Game Studio installed to run the starter kit.
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

View PostCore, on 4 Jan, 2009 - 12:19 PM, said:

Take a look at this starter kit for XNA Game Studio:

http://creators.xna....rkit/racinggame

It is completely written in C#, but you will need XNA Game Studio installed to run the starter kit.

Hi core. thanks for the reply but i dont want in XNA. i tryed XNA once and no one even answered me on the forums.

But maybe someone could help while this is in the C# forum. I'm making my self a car racing game, and this is the source code:

RacingGame

Bascially the keys are Up Arrow, Down Arrow, Left Arrow, Right Arrow, for movement. I want to make it into like a FPS game where the camera is set inside the car or in third person where you can see the car and the textures. Its ok if its on a matrix but i just want to make a simple car game like that in C#. Thats the language i prefere.

So i hope i get a reply soon for someone to help me

If you need m email address its: ojashurst@hotmail.co.uk

I'm not being cheeky and asking you to make me a whole game like that but i would like some help and some code for me to learn.

Kind regards,

Owen.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

you might be able to find one on planet-source-code if you search under .Net

You may also want to look into DarkBasic if you only "prefer" C# and haven't put much effort into it yet. DarkBasic has both its own programming language that was specifically designed for game making, and packages for other languages (like C++) for making games easier with that. DarkBasic generally uses DirectX and they have plenty of tutorials and examples.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1