2 Replies - 1782 Views - Last Post: 06 January 2009 - 02:51 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to make Windows XP inactive while your program is running then mak

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:14 AM

I am making a "fake Operating System" or "Virtual Machine" or what ever you want to call it. It has all of its own programs. I want Windows XP to stop running so that it will go faster and so on.

Okay so I will obviously need coding on the Form1_Load and Form1_FormClosing Subs.

Here is my attempt at coding it (Note that this is just the attempt at coding this particular part. It is not necessary to give you everything cause it would be to much and it might confuse people) :

Private Sub Form1_FormClosing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.FormClosingEventArgs) Handles Me.FormClosing

System(My.Computer.FileSystem.Drives.Join)

End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

System(My.Computer.FileSystem.Drives.Intersect)

End Sub

I have no clue how to code this type of Task so i just attempted it, but it didn't work and i got heaps of errors with the code above. Because i have CO CLUE HOW TO DOE IT.

Please Help Me.

Deathtrh.
http://www.deathtrh.co.cc
http://www.youtube.com/deathtrh

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to make Windows XP inactive while your program is running then mak

#2 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to make Windows XP inactive while your program is running then mak

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

Ahm, you can't make the OS where you VB.NET program is launched from stop running... that would stop your program from running as well. Since your OS branches the threads that run your program killing off the main trunk kills of your thread.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How to make Windows XP inactive while your program is running then mak

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:51 PM

I'm not sure exactly how you would do it, but you could make Windows' cut off some services and then restart them after the program has closed. You could also kill explorer.exe. I've seen the OneCare removal tool do just this, so I'm sure there are some things you can kill to make your VM run faster.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1