• +
  • Last »

195 Replies - 6986 Views - Last Post: 11 July 2009 - 09:22 PM

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Stupid children

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~BEWARE: THIS IS SORTA A RANTING THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You know what really pisses me off? The kids nowdays who can get away with anything and everything because thier parents are rich and participate in the boosters. Favoritism, basically. Parents let their kids get away with everything, because "thats my little girl! My mom spanked me and I hate her for it!!!". Really? Okay, seriously... I got spanked a few million times, but thats no reason for my future kids to get carte blanche to do anything they want.

Also, parents tend to kind of hand everything to thier kids. They never have to work, think, or anything, because "mommy is cool because she bought me a new car and I love her for it!!!!" GRRRRR!!! It makes me sick. Example: I, and a few other poor kids, get verbally and mentally abused by the band directors and the other kids because our parents can't afford to donate $6000 to buy a new trailer for the drums. We weren't dedicated enough to the band to waste our entire lives not working and practicing an instrument for 18 hours a day and not giving them $2345492849624769874368723489.97 for god knows what. Okay, seriously, if I had that much money to waste on marching band, I could buy a new car that didn't break down every other day. Seriously. But all the other kids, even if they sucked, got special treatment, solos, and awards because their parents are rich and have time to donate.

Another example: This one really gets me. I love Tish and Shaylah, Shay is like my younger sister, and Tish has treated me really good and lets me live in her house, but god is Shaylah @#$%ing stupid. Ever since she was little, she has been in dance, cheerleading, etc. and her parents donate tons of money and time to the schools. Also, her dad is an engineer, and works on base (tis how I also got my job) and wants her little girl to be an engineer. Okay. So Shay is really involved, does all kinds of school activities, works really hard on her homework, and is Validictiorian (1 of 6?!?!?!?! no freaking way=_=).... yet I don't think she retains any of it.

We were playing a card game once, and she had to multiply 6 * 9..... we waited and waited while she counted on her fingers... and until she went and got a calculator...... Really? Come on!!! Tish filled out all of her applications for college and scholarships already, and determined her major as computer engineering. Okay, so she worked part time on base this summer making a website... in VB... only she didn't even know it. It was an IDE where you click and drag basically. *facepalm* Also, she asked me how to use the printer once, and my friend how to work a spreadsheet. Yes, she works hard in school, but I personally think a person with all A's and an IQ of 80 should not be Validictiorian. Maybe someone with B's and C's with an IQ of 145 adn up maybe? I don't know...

MY POINT?

Im sorry, but first off, she should have to do her own college paperwork, make her own phone calls, do her own schedules, get a better paying job (one that pays more than $16 every 2 weeks), etc. so she realizes how real life is. Sacrificing one of the 1500 things she does extra to get a job to pay for it herself makes her, and other kids, realize that you can't have everything you want, and money doesn't grow on trees. Mommy and daddy isn't always going to be there to hand you money and make doctors appointments for you. Why do these parents let their kids go off into the world like this? I know 25 year olds, girls even!, who do not even know how to do thier own laundry!!! Thats rediculous! Kids should have to think for themselves. I've seen so many kids at my school who are like this (5 of the 6 Validictorians of class of '09) [/rant]

Discuss. Do you agree, disagree, or what?

edit: secondary point: why does money determine how kids are to be treated?

This post has been edited by NeoTifa: 06 January 2009 - 04:08 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Stupid children

• Expert Schmexpert...
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Stupid children

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

It's really hard to make much sense out of this, except for the last 3 lines. But of course parents have to prepare their kids for life, that's their main job as parents.
Fortunately my father managed to raise me well so I can take care of myself. It's good to be me. Handsome, smart, self-going, successful, sexy. If I were a woman I would go on a date with me..
Sorry, what was the topic again?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

View PostGloin, on 6 Jan, 2009 - 04:00 PM, said:

It's good to be me. Handsome, smart, self-going, successful, sexy. If I were a woman I would go on a date with me..

- looks at profile pic
- laughs ass off
- tells ever1 :D

*edit
Posted Image

This post has been edited by gl3thr0: 06 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Expert Schmexpert...
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:17 PM

Now if you're gonna tell everyone, why did you take away the profile picture?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:31 PM

Don't worry Gloin, I still think you're schmeksy ~_^

I like the way this is totally on topic.

This post has been edited by NeoTifa: 06 January 2009 - 06:32 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Expert Schmexpert...
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

Hehe, that's all that matters..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Sarcasm Extraordinaire!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:35 PM

View PostGloin, on 6 Jan, 2009 - 04:00 PM, said:

Fortunately my father managed to raise me well so I can take care of myself. It's good to be me. Handsome, smart, self-going, successful, sexy. If I were a woman I would go on a date with me..

Not to talk yourself up or anything...;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

Anywho, not only did that spoiled brat get a personal invitation from the csec dean, but she got accepted directly into the college of engineering and cs, while I, a true engineer, have to wait 2 years and take a bunch of bullshit courses to get in. bitch
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

You're complaining that she's not prepared for the 'real world' because she thinks that 'money grows on trees', but the ironic thing is that her situation is precisely how the world works: people with connections, whiter teeth, and rich families get the job and get things handed to them, while the more qualified person has to sit down and get screwed. I've seen it happen a million times, and it's happened to me plenty. So yea, sit down, and absorb this week's life lesson. The world's a shallow, ugly, and often oversimplified place, where scoundrels can get far in life on no credentials. You just have to be strong enough to go on the path best for you, which may not be the path of least resistance that this person took. Be proud of the fact that you work for what you have.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

NeoTifa, I agree with you. If a child did anything WRONG, he/she is to be punished. Now I am NOT saying BEAT THE KID - there are a million things that can be used to punish and get the idea to the kid's head without hurming her or him in any way! MHO.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g++ jameson.cpp -o beverage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:53 AM

I will: BEAT YOUR KID!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Expert Schmexpert...
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

View PostKYA, on 8 Jan, 2009 - 06:53 AM, said:

I will: BEAT YOUR KID!

Yeah, you always struck me as the violent type, although not strong enough to take on an adult. ^^
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:29 AM

You are a moron. Thanks for taking what I said out of context. Perhaps you haven't seen my previous posts on the topic.

Please die in a fire. You are a passive aggressive retard that brings nothing to any discussion you are in.

Spare the rod, spoil the child. I don't have any kids. I'm 20 years old. Fuck off.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

We'll I have kids and I was never afraid to test there ass with my hand when they act up.

Here is a good idea for punishment. Go sit in the corner Charlie and do not ever do that again mmkay. That's a good Charlie, don't ever pull a knife out on your teacher again or I might have to resort to sending you to your room for 2 hours. Now we wouldn't want to do that now would we?

I got my ass beat when I fucked up, my kids get their ass beat when they fuck up and we all are fine - oh and respect our elders. Imagine that!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:36 AM

That was my point. Sitting and "thinking" about what you have done doesn't work!

Classic liberal doctrine that has been proven wrong over time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »