3 Replies - 488 Views - Last Post: 14 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Basic dreamweaver question (not sure if posted in correct location)

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

I just wanted some basic information. I am designing a webpage in dreamweaver. When i go too design view it looks great. But when i load it up in a browser, everything is all over the place. Why might this be happenning?
cheers
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Basic dreamweaver question (not sure if posted in correct location)

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Basic dreamweaver question (not sure if posted in correct location)

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG editor. (what you see is what you get)

the name however is deceiving. the code put out by this type of editor is normally pretty butchered and nasty. the design view shows the objects how you want them arranged and then creates html based on that.... but html always can't do exactly what you want, or dreamweaver does a bad job of making that switch to code.

thats why you should learn the language and write it on your own instead of relying on a wysiwyg.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

If you post your code, I could look at it. Straight html shouldn't be butchered too badly, but when you add css sometimes it looks different in design view than what you actually get when you upload and view. Also, div tags, those can be confusing if its the first you are looking at them, but they aren't hard to grasp once you think about them. With newer versions of dreamweaver you can kind of drag things around, this creates a MESS of things with divs on top of divs and it gets all scattered (I made that mistake when trying to play with it). If there is something specific, post the code and I can try and figure out the issue.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:22 PM

View Postnick2price, on 9 Jan, 2009 - 04:40 PM, said:

I just wanted some basic information. I am designing a webpage in dreamweaver. When i go too design view it looks great. But when i load it up in a browser, everything is all over the place. Why might this be happenning?
cheers

Chances are that the tables or CSS you use to layout the page is not rendered the way you want or it should be. Have you tried to display the page on another browser, to see if the problem appears again?If you can post your html code, would be better... ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1