1 Replies - 1149 Views - Last Post: 10 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

table margins

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:05 AM

Does anyone know a way that you could apply some sort of margins on an HTML table? I need to push all of the content in the table over about 61 pixels on both sides so that it fits into the background image of the table. The background image has a border for it and Right now the text run right over the border.

<table width="1000px" align="center" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="background-image:url(Images/header.jpg) ">
	<tr height="133">
	<td width="250">&nbsp;</td>
	<td valign="middle" align="right">
		<cfinclude template="common/nav.cfm">
	</td></tr>
	<tr><td colspan="2">
		<table class="table" align="center" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
			<tr>
				<td width="55%" valign="top"><cfinclude template="newsandevents/index.cfm"></td>
				<td width="45%" style="border-left-style:dashed; border-left-color:#0099FF; border-left-width:2px; ">
					<table width="100%">
						<tr><td style="border-bottom-style:dashed; border-bottom-color:#0099FF; border-bottom-width:1px;"><cfinclude template="content/incl_bookbio.cfm"></td></tr>
						<tr><td>When “one book and then another” is read to a wondering child, I’m sure the rhythms and rhymes of this lively adventure will lead the child to demand, “Again!”<br />
								&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;John Leax<br />
								&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Poet-in-Residence, Houghton College</td></tr>
						<tr><td width="100%" style="border-top-style:dashed; border-top-color:#0099FF; border-top-width:1px;"><cfinclude template="content/incl_authorbio.cfm"></td></tr>
					</table>
			</td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td></tr>
	<tr style="background-image:url(Images/footer.jpg) " height="47"><td colspan="2">&nbsp;</td></tr>
</table>

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: table margins

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: table margins

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:13 PM

.paddings
{
padding-left: 61px;
padding-right: 61px;