Hey, I'm new to D.I.C! :P

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 681 Views - Last Post: 12 January 2009 - 06:47 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Hello People! :P

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:24 AM

Hey guys! It's great to finally get around to joining D.I.C and I'm sure this is a great community! Anyway, I'm a 9th grade highschool student in Virginia (moved 3 and a half years ago from New Jersey), and currently I am taking Intro to Computer Programming BASIC in school, and it is my favorite course. Anyway, I started VB programming about 6 months ago in July '08. When I began ICPB I was already way ahead of the class, (20 students or so), because I had written scripts in SadScript for my little game with XtremeWorlds RC4.4 Beta, and I quickly gained skill. Since then, I have acquired a copy of Visual Basic 6 Professional Edition and have been working with MirageSource 3.0.3, 3.0.7, and 3.68+ along with dabs into MSE1 and 2, and I have begun to write entire programs without any help. Currently, I am working on the following projects:
Tsunami 2D MMORPG Engine, based by MS4;
Tandai 2D RPG Maker, based by MS4's data system, and a client-to-server connector removal in order to make it into one file;
Water War, a remake of BattleShip, for the PC, inspired by my sister;
and the Eureka Engine, which will base my 2D Side-scrolling MMORPG, which is coing to be similar to the popular games, MapleStory and Ghost Hunters Online(or Ghost Online, i don't care to know anymore).
Anyway, I hope to contribute a lot to the community and I hope to pick up C++, more of PHP and more of Java during my hopefully legnthy duration of activity here.
I am hoping to also learn Flash/Actionscript so I can make some Flash Games for me and my friends in school, and learn more of PHP and Java so I am ready for AP-CP next year, and so I can help develop my schools website.
I have finally decided to leap into C++ so I can make my games go further, and because I will need to know it anyway.

-Sen
:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hello People! :P

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hello People! :P

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

hello and welcome to D.I.C, this is a great forum and i am sure you will like everything here, everybody here will do his best in helping you in your programming, good luck in your programming, see you around the forums ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

View Postayman_mastermind, on 10 Jan, 2009 - 11:13 AM, said:

hello and welcome to D.I.C, this is a great forum and i am sure you will like everything here, everybody here will do his best in helping you in your programming, good luck in your programming, see you around the forums ;)

thanks! btw, nice Avatar :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

Welcome to Dream In Code! It sounds like you've already got a lot of experience in coding. I too am a high school student (sophomore), and I'm taking an Intro. to Java class. It sounds like you enjoy making games, and if your goal is to learn Java, then you will have a great tool for server/internet programming. What are some of your other hobbies besides coding? What other classes are you taking this year? We're glad to have you as part of the DIC community.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:34 AM

Welcome to the community!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:41 PM

thanks! btw, nice Avatar tongue.gif

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:47 AM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 10 Jan, 2009 - 01:24 PM, said:

Welcome to Dream In Code! It sounds like you've already got a lot of experience in coding. I too am a high school student (sophomore), and I'm taking an Intro. to Java class. It sounds like you enjoy making games, and if your goal is to learn Java, then you will have a great tool for server/internet programming. What are some of your other hobbies besides coding? What other classes are you taking this year? We're glad to have you as part of the DIC community.

Uhm, i swim. Regularly. I watched all 8 of Phelps olympic gold medal races last summer. Currently Im taking Pre-AP World G 9, Pre-AP Earth Science 9, Geometry 10(Im a year ahead. too lazy to be in AlgII, which is two years ahead), English 9 cuz i hate writing :crazy: , <_< uhm. what other classes. oh yeah, health 9. and Spanish II (10th Grade subject normally)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1