Plz i need help with my Projact

Need help

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 725 Views - Last Post: 12 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Plz i need help with my Projact

Post icon  Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

hi all i hope any one can help me with this project or i will get and F in ics 102 :( it is beginner thing.

this what the project wants :

Phase 1:
Write a program to assign passengers seats in an airplane. Assume a small airplane with seat numberings as follows:

1 A B C D
2 A B C D
3 A B C D
4 A B C D
5 A B C D
6 A B C D
7 A B C D

The program should display the seat pattern, with an 'X' marking the seats already assigned. For example, after seats 1A, 2B, and 4C are taken, the display should look like:

1 X B C D
2 A X C D
3 A B C D
4 A B X D
5 A B C D
6 A B C D
7 A B C D

After displaying the seats available, the program should prompt for the seat desired, the user can type in a seat, and then the display of available seats should be updated. This continues until all seats are filled or until the user signals that the program should end.
If the user types in a seat that is already assigned, the program should say that that seat is occupied and ask for another choice.
Note: You should guard your application with a username and password, so that no body can access without a valid username and password.

Phase 2:
Write a Ticket class with the following:
a- attributes:
PassengerName, mobile , reservationNumber, eTKT_Number,departure,destination,price.
b- The class should have a constructor with all attributes.
c- Getters and setters.

Write a Reservation class with the following:
a- attributes:
Res_Number, passengerName, TKT_Num,seatNumber ,departure, destination.
b-Constructor.
c-Getters and setters.
d-Method checkValidity that return true if the ticket is valid for the current reservation:
The purpose of the method is to check if the ticket departure, destination and the passenger name are the same in the ticket.
c- Method print_Reservation:
This method should print the PNR(Passenger Name Record) for the current reservation which contains all the attributes plus the total price. A copy of the PNR should be saved in a text file with the reservation number as a file name.
Hint: read the price from the ticket.
d- Method assign_seat:
This method should utilize the algorithm done in phase 1 to assign a seat to reservation after displaying the seat map.

Attached File(s)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Plz i need help with my Projact

• lost in compilation
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Plz i need help with my Projact

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

[rules][/rules]
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

Like William_Wilson said, we can't do your homework for you. Even if one of us would do your homework for you (against the guidelines that the web site has laid down) this is a somewhat large and involved project for someone to just write your code for you. If you were just asking something like "How do I create an addition calculator with two input text boxes and a button to run the calculation?" we might be a little more happy to do it for you because it wouldn't take a couple hours out of our schedule. However, this is actually probably a poor example because we'd just give you a link to a snippet of code somewhere else on the internet.

Anyway, I hope this hasn't deterred you from this website. There are a lot of great resources here, but we aren't a lab partner that is willing to pick up for your slack just to make sure WE don't fail the project. That being said, good luck with your project. I wouldn't want to do that one either.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:59 PM

If it's crunch time & you are having trouble getting started, your best bet is to talk to your instructor.

If you insist on doing this will little effort, check Google for examples, as an assignment of assign passengers seats in an airplane is very very common for programming classes. You are bound to find hundreds of examples.

Best of luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

Hm, I thought most computer science classes taught Java, not Javascript. Is this meant for the Java section?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1