1 Replies - 549 Views - Last Post: 16 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Needs some comments to make it better

Post icon  Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

Hey can you guys give me some advice on my web page to make it better thxs.

http://rop.santasusana.org/swickman/
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Needs some comments to make it better

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Needs some comments to make it better

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

Yikes... this site is very raw and not much of it is very pleasant I must say. The whole black and white thing is a bit harsh on the eyes and the way you set it up with the white box around the "leave" you are actually accenting that to make the person want to click it before "enter".

Other notes, splash pages are pretty much dead as of the turn of the millennium. Next is there no nicer way to organize the files than in a simple awkward looking table? The yellow links also really are harsh on the eyes being that it is a bright yellow against black. If you are going to go with a black background try to use colors that are a little less intense. Not really dark but maybe a shade or two off the ordinary "Yellow".

Lastly, if the resource is not there, don't link to it. The last thing you want on your page is dead links. (I am talking about the links in your HTML section of the table)

You have a bit more work to go and I suggest you take the time to plan on what your overall site is going to look like and try to give it a more polished look. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1