I am looking for a (student) programmer who has time to spare to help me develop touchscreen software for running on a PDA.
Type of project
1. Create expenditure-logging software for a PDA, with a modern touch-screen interface.
2. Develop user settings, expenditure filters, export file, and memory and printing functionality.
3. Minimise number of touches required to input a cash expense (maximise efficiency).
The following tools will be needed by the developer:
Microsoft.NET CE 2.0
This project will involve programming a PDA so that the user can (with finger and stylus):
1. Track a series of domestic cash expenses
2. Create (max. 25) expenditure categories:
• Key expense: type a
• Sub-expenditure: type b
Example: a=Car; b=petrol.
3. Change/input settings before use (e.g. so user can define number and names of expenditure and sub-expenditure categories).
4. Filter total expenditure by:
• Person (in household)
• Key expenditure type
• Sub-expenditure type
• Supplier (e.g. shop, service provider)
• Period (month/yr)
4. Print out a series of cash expenses via PDA's optional printer.
5. Create an export file (fixed length ASCII) for importing selected transactions into a home bookkeeping program.
6. Store a database of expense transactions in PDA's memory for (max.) a year.
An Excel sheet outlining the main development tasks is attached. The expected number of hours for these tasks can be mailed to DrSchaub by interested developers, together with a cost estimate.
• Current PDA software is unsuitable for this project
• Functionalities/specifications for this program have been mapped out [Word doc. available]
• PDA may or may not have built-in printer
• Software must be suitable for use on simple (non-mobile) PDAs and on advanced mobile phones, as PDA used may or may not have mobile-phone capability.
If interested, please contact DrSchaub at: [email protected]
Number of downloads: 70
This post has been edited by DrSchaub: 17 January 2009 - 01:04 AM