• +
  • « First

47 Replies - 2575 Views - Last Post: 16 October 2001 - 08:19 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Women's Rights in Afghanistan

Posted 16 October 2001 - 11:31 AM

Quote: from miaka284 on 8:08 am on Oct. 15, 2001
Yes.. Jason.. you did the research... but you are reading from a book... you've never been there.. you've never been to other country... where I from... I see sex slavery everywhere.. the government trys to stop it... and you know what... I WILL CONSIDER YOUR POINT.. if you GIVE ME ONE PRIMARY RESOURCE to look at... I repeat Primary Resource..  not secondary... because secondary resource doesn't know what actually happened!!

VxJasonxV:
It wasn't from a book.  You wanna know a PRIMARY resource?  Having someone go on national TV, explain the oppression she suffered, having her cl't cut out with f'ing rusty tools.  The pain she goes through just going to the bathroom.  Another girl...around 10 years old who had acid poured on her face.  Her face was permanently disfigured and they had to get the best plastic surgeon in to make her look somewhat normal.  Another woman who had been beaten, almost to death.  She's in the US for a few years to recover.  I know I can't feel what it feels like for them...I can only imagine, and I don't want to.  It's easy to understand how much sh't these people go through day to day.  No baths, no life, no freaking communication...at all.
THAT'S my source.

Blutrane:
JASON CALM THE F*** DOWN!!!!!!!!

little boys get taken advantage of. women are assaulted and raped and seduced by people. IT HAPPENS!!!!
*excuse me* SHE!ST HAPPENS!!!!!

don't strain your self the people respnosible will get what's due to them. they won't get away

Dude...I know.  I wasn't pissed off or anything.  I was just proving a point to Miaka since she confronted me.  I've done research from all areas of sources.  I watched documentaries, read confessions/stories/biographies, listen to audio tapes of explanations, our humanities class last year watched a recorded tape of Opera, there were 2 women, and 1 little girl (above mentioned) that explained it.

Secondly, I'm going back to narration mode here:
That's where I think you're wrong Miaka.  The reason why it is partly our job is the following:
Me: 1) We try and air drop food to these people (good luck) because they are starved, hence they flee to another country, other country's don't want this because most of the nearby countrys need food as well.
Blutrane: 1. we air drop because we...
      are obligated to offer humanitarian help by being a super power
      because we are trying to create pro-US support in the region
Me: That is true to...it is a combination of what we both said.

Me: 2) Anyone heard of the sex slavery that goes on over there? Well, there are three places that the women are forced to go to to make money for their owners, the UK, the US (<-- that's the reason it involves us), and Asia (China and Japan).
Blutrane: 2. Actually the muslim people are veeeery much against sex slavery(emphasis on veeeery)
you are forgetting that many,(emphasis on many), many people and organizations based throughout the world practice this form of...money making?...smuggling?...well the point is women are taken out of their present conditions while being told that jobs as secretaries and such await them in the US and who takes these women once they are in the US and Europe? mob bosses, triads, gangs, crime lords, the wealthy and powerful, drug cartels, the adult entertainment industry(btw it flourishes most where? the good ole US of A ) so if you are looking for someone to blame well here it is The US and the nature of mankind
Me: I knew that but forgot to mention it.  Yeah, the women and told: "Oh, you'll have a much better life here, you can be a hostess, secretary, blah blah blah."  Then they get there and are forced into TERRIBLE living conditions.  20 people in a rather small room.  Fed once a day.  No blankets, no windows, locks on the outside.  Just waiting for a 'customer' to come.  And I dont' blame the US itself for it, I blame the occupants that participate in this activity, as well as chinese and such.  And about muslims looking down on it...big deal, there's always a rogue faction.

Me: 3) These women carry horrid diseases, and while I'm not going to blame them for it, I'm going to say that I do NOT want it spread through out the US.
Would you want your soul mate to have some horrid disease that can affect you for life?  ...didn't think so.
Blutrane: 3. And personally if my soulmate had some sort of 'horrendous' disease i would stick by her and i would not avoid her on the basis of being sick. Generally we call this true love. Hopefully true love is a precept accepted by most humans, this means that people should rise out of their base hormones and instincts to a higher level of thought where the feeling is not physical but rather it should be intellectual and emotional
Me: thanks for the heart felt chat...I'll just not comment on that one...I didn't mean soul mate, cause I wouldn't ditch mine just cause of a disease...

Me: 4) The reason we attack their government is they are an extremeist group, the president that was overthrown is a government *delagate* in our country.  I even saw him delegating with the President.  They want to kick the Taliban out and get things back to the way they are.
Blutrane: 4. We attack the taliban because we can and because they are an oppressing government and we can't stand oppressors
(communism, anyone?)
Me: That too.

Me: 5) If we don't do anything, well....put two and two together right now.  Women are some kind of "evil being".
Well those "evil beings" are the reason that society even continues.  That's why I can't stand rapists, abusers, or any person that hurts a woman, without woman...well...let's just say they'll be some desparate people, Chris would rejoice, but most everbody else would fear for their lives.
Blutrane: 5. Yes, under taliban leadership women are not considered citizens(see United States Constitution circa late 1780's  makes no mention of women or anybody else but White Anglo-saxon wealthy property owners)they believe in a strict interpretation of the Qu'ran which states that in order to avoid men and women from falling into sin the *women* should cover the body so that the (horny) men would not be tempted by the fleshly beauty (the US adult entertainment industry, anyone?)
Me: That doesn't exactly work in my opinion...but...whatever.  WOOHOO, GO USA!!!! Anyways...of course...their loophole for punishing (killing) those who do not abide by that is justifyable because that woman broke a 'holy law' or something of that nature.

Uhhhh...guess that's it.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Microsoft.Whore

• View blog

Re: Women's Rights in Afghanistan

Posted 16 October 2001 - 04:53 PM

uhhh... ok
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -