• (4 Pages)
  • +

47 Replies - 2578 Views - Last Post: 16 October 2001 - 08:19 PM

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Re: Women's Rights in Afghanistan

Posted 15 October 2001 - 09:52 PM

Quote: from VxJasonxV on 12:49 pm on Oct. 14, 2001
That's where I think you're wrong Miaka.  The reason why it is partly our job is the following:
1) We try and air drop food to these people (good luck) because they are starved, hence they flee to another country, other country's don't want this because most of the nearby countrys need food as well.
2) Anyone heard of the sex slavery that goes on over there? Well, there are three places that the women are forced to go to to make money for their owners, the UK, the US (<-- that's the reason it involves us), and Asia (China and Japan).
3) These women carry horrid diseases, and while I'm not going to blame them for it, I'm going to say that I do NOT want it spread through out the US.
Would you want your soul mate to have some horrid disease that can affect you for life?  ...didn't think so.
4) The reason we attack their government is they are an extremeist group, the president that was overthrown is a government official in our country.  I even saw him delegating with the President.  They want to kick the Taliban out and get things back to the way they are.
5) If we don't do anything, well....put two and two together right now.  Women are some kind of "evil being".
Well those "evil beings" are the reason that society even continues.  That's why I can't stand rapists, abusers, or any person that hurts a woman, without woman...well...let's just say they'll be some desparate people, Chris would rejoice, but most everbody else would fear for their lives.

Am I right?

jason i am going to take this one at a time...

1. we air drop because we...
       are obligated to offer humanitarian help by being a super power
       because we are trying to create pro-US support in the region

2. Actually the muslim people are veeeery much against sex slavery(emphasis on veeeery)
you are forgetting that many,(emphasis on many), many people and organizations based throughout the world practice this form of...money making?...smuggling?...well the point is women are taken out of their present conditions while being told that jobs as secretaries and such await them in the US and who takes these women once they are in the US and Europe? mob bosses, triads, gangs, crime lords, the wealthy and powerful, drug cartels, the adult entertainment industry(btw it flourishes most where? the good ole US of A ;)) so if you are looking for someone to blame well here it is The US and the nature of mankind

3. And personally if my soulmate had some sort of 'horrendous' disease i would stick by her and i would not avoid her on the basis of being sick. Generally we call this true love. Hopefully true love is a precept accepted by most humans, this means that people should rise out of their base hormones and instincts to a higher level of thought where the feeling is not physical but rather it should be intellectual and emotional

4. We attack the taliban because we can and because they are an oppressing government and we can't stand oppressors
(communism, anyone?)

5. Yes, under taliban leadership women are not considered citizens(see United States Constitution circa late 1780's ;) makes no mention of women or anybody else but White Anglo-saxon wealthy property owners)they believe in a strict interpretation of the Qu'ran which states that in order to avoid men and women from falling into sin the woen should cover the body so that the (horny) men would not be tempted by the fleshly beauty (the US adult entertainment industry, anyone?)

(Edited by blutrane at 1:05 am on Oct. 16, 2001)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Microsoft.Whore

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 10:03 PM

seems to me that for a new government to just come in and take over they'd need a majority mandate.  and perhaps in this case not a population mandate... meaning that probably the majority of te population didn't want it to happen... but a majority of the people who could do something about it wanted it to happen.  
this happened in our country a while ago.  anyone remember the civil war?  what'd we do?  the people who wanted a union organized and kicked some ass and here we are today.  of course it was a little more complicated than that.  the north had the industrial strength and whatnot and the south had... well... nothing to really sustain a war machine.  and what am i getting at here?  well, if there were enough people in that country or any country who wanted to change the policies they would change. the the men over there didn't want to cast the first stone then we wouldn't have this thread.  obviously some people over there believe this to be more "right" than "wrong".  and it's not the government publicly distributing rocks for people to throw. ordering them to throw them at such and such clothing offender.  then again hitler and the Nazi party had it in for Jews pretty bad...  but we didn't go in after him until after he was invading our allies.  
it's human nature to be upset at these things.  but if they aren't going to help themselves... why should we help them?  it's not like they came to the US adn said "look guys, this situation really sucks.  we need your help to overthrow the current government and restore the old."  i haven't seen any news reports saying that they want to overthrow the government.  or that there have been any recent attempts to do it.  now is a perfect time.  rally the masses and stop the government that is causing the US to bomb the country.  does that not seem logical?
you know... didn't we try to help vietnam out?  remember what happened there?  ####, the PEOPLE didn't want our help.  the collective people we were trying to help out were killing us.  #### man.  let other countries work out their own problems.  bin Laden is our problem.  

sad thing is.  it took this whole tragedy to take place... and a guy living in Afganistan for us to give a shit about WOMEN in afganistan.  i think lesham is right.  until we can produce for ourselves a perfect government governing the perfect society we have no right forcing ourselves on others.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 10:10 PM

actually there is not an effort to force a government and if we did force one then the people have the right to overthrow it (i mean people as a whole not a small minority)
actually we used this right to justify breaking away from britain

and people have cared about rights for women and such,it just took a crisis for the media to notice and for people to know this was taking place

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Microsoft.Whore

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 10:22 PM

yes, but oh such a big deal it is too... and kids all over the world are starving... shall i call us a whaaaaambulance?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 10:27 PM

actually i don't what you mean, but if you are saying who cares, you are right most people don't care unless it is directly affecting them (except for jason who doesn't know how to control his emoions and therefore harness the power of the force...or not)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Microsoft.Whore

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 10:37 PM

you're right.  most people don't care.  and you're also right.  i don't either.  would i care if i were suddenly transported to afganistan... proabably... but then again i'd probably wonder... "why the FUCK am i in Afganistan!?!?"

then exit the country gracefully, yet expeditiously.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 10:40 PM

good thing you bought that 24-pack of Komrade Kola and got your free kalashnikov AK-47 assault rifle, i'll bet it'll sure come in handy!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Microsoft.Whore

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 10:44 PM

####!  you know too!?!?  i bet it was that "Free bin Laden" slogan over an Afgai flag poster i have hanging in my car window...  hmmm... guess i'll have to be a little more covert...

and dude, i'm an anarchist.  get it right.  :)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 10:47 PM

well anarchists are poor and are having trouble marketing their product 'Brown Stuff-its shit in a glass'
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Microsoft.Whore

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 10:59 PM

though if you think about it.  if you're in the state of anarchy you don't really need money... as there's no reason.  it's good in concept, but it's human nature to rule and be ruled.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 11:02 PM

yea but that's why we have *insert annoying jingle here*
Komrade Kola-the anti-capitalist drink ;)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Microsoft.Whore

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 11:04 PM

yeah.. capitalism sucks dude.  but then again... we're not living in a pure capitalist society...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 11:08 PM

>_<

i am sensing a speech or rant or something...

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Microsoft.Whore

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 11:13 PM

no man... this requires a few drinks and a long somber gaze into thin air... then i get all deep and go for hours dreaming up how perfect life would be if we could all just work in our jobs with the knowlege that what we are doing is benefiting society... it takes a long time to explain... i could write a manefesto like Karl Marx... he was a cool dude... but there are issues with his communism... the leaders have missed the boat...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2001 - 11:18 PM

you see the one about einstein and 'Thomas Smith's theory of relativity' well i like to think of Karl Marx and 'Fredrick Ingles Communist Manifesto'
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +