That's where I think you're wrong Miaka. The reason why it is partly our job is the following:
1) We try and air drop food to these people (good luck) because they are starved, hence they flee to another country, other country's don't want this because most of the nearby countrys need food as well.
2) Anyone heard of the sex slavery that goes on over there? Well, there are three places that the women are forced to go to to make money for their owners, the UK, the US (<-- that's the reason it involves us), and Asia (China and Japan).
3) These women carry horrid diseases, and while I'm not going to blame them for it, I'm going to say that I do NOT want it spread through out the US.
Would you want your soul mate to have some horrid disease that can affect you for life? ...didn't think so.
4) The reason we attack their government is they are an extremeist group, the president that was overthrown is a government official in our country. I even saw him delegating with the President. They want to kick the Taliban out and get things back to the way they are.
5) If we don't do anything, well....put two and two together right now. Women are some kind of "evil being".
Well those "evil beings" are the reason that society even continues. That's why I can't stand rapists, abusers, or any person that hurts a woman, without woman...well...let's just say they'll be some desparate people, Chris would rejoice, but most everbody else would fear for their lives.
Am I right?
jason i am going to take this one at a time...
1. we air drop because we...
are obligated to offer humanitarian help by being a super power
because we are trying to create pro-US support in the region
2. Actually the muslim people are veeeery much against sex slavery(emphasis on veeeery)
you are forgetting that many,(emphasis on many), many people and organizations based throughout the world practice this form of...money making?...smuggling?...well the point is women are taken out of their present conditions while being told that jobs as secretaries and such await them in the US and who takes these women once they are in the US and Europe? mob bosses, triads, gangs, crime lords, the wealthy and powerful, drug cartels, the adult entertainment industry(btw it flourishes most where? the good ole US of A ;)) so if you are looking for someone to blame well here it is The US and the nature of mankind
3. And personally if my soulmate had some sort of 'horrendous' disease i would stick by her and i would not avoid her on the basis of being sick. Generally we call this true love. Hopefully true love is a precept accepted by most humans, this means that people should rise out of their base hormones and instincts to a higher level of thought where the feeling is not physical but rather it should be intellectual and emotional
4. We attack the taliban because we can and because they are an oppressing government and we can't stand oppressors
5. Yes, under taliban leadership women are not considered citizens(see United States Constitution circa late 1780's ;) makes no mention of women or anybody else but White Anglo-saxon wealthy property owners)they believe in a strict interpretation of the Qu'ran which states that in order to avoid men and women from falling into sin the woen should cover the body so that the (horny) men would not be tempted by the fleshly beauty (the US adult entertainment industry, anyone?)
(Edited by blutrane at 1:05 am on Oct. 16, 2001)