I,m so annoyed!

whats wrong with a 13 year old programming!!!

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

52 Replies - 2226 Views - Last Post: 13 December 2011 - 09:23 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

I,m so annoyed!

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

This horrible git keeps taking the mic out of me calling me all sorts of thing and generally being a Pratt , its because i enjoy programming i mean whats wrong with a 13 year old programming I'm sure allot of you started when you were around my age! Normally this kind of thing wouldn't annoy me but he just keeps going on and on sending me e-mails texts and msn messages etc hes so annoying aaaarrrrgggghhh!!!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I,m so annoyed!

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I,m so annoyed!

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:51 AM

Just know you will be laughing yourself to the bank when you have the better job and working on the games or whatever they are playing. If they are not going to be positive, doesn't sound like someone you should be associated with. I would block their email and MSN if it was me.

Especially with todays world to make fun of anyone getting into technology early is really stupid on their part. The future will be nothing but technology and programmers are going to be one of those who are at the heart of it all.

Just ignore them and don't let them get to you. :)

Btw... we have tons of people even younger than you who program. I knew a 11 year old who use to program.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:54 AM

Thanks I've blocked him
I'm tempted to write him a little virus you know just one that crashes his comp I've never done it before so i wont make this a first! I'm not that kind of guy!!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 baavgai  Icon User is online

• Dreaming Coder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:56 AM

Lol, thanks. Didn't have to look at the flag to see were you're from. :P Here, across the pond, we say "don't let the bastards get you down!"

I believe I had my first computer at 13. It was an Atari 800, but I got it because it was easier to do sprites than the other things. i.e. program really primitive looking games. Point is, now the hobby equates to a good job. Better than average, by all accounts.

The guy giving you grief is either jealous or intimidated, most likely the latter. If you must deal with them, just play that interested down. "Yeah, I like play with the computer, kind geeky, no big deal." You'll run into more like him. Consider this a training pratt. ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:57 AM

Do you know him personally, or just online?

How old is he? What does he do?

Most likely jealous because he can't do the things you can do. Don't let it get to you, the world is full of arse holes. :)

baavgai said:

"don't let the bastards get you down!"
That's our family motto! Seriously! haha!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:00 AM

View Postbaavgai, on 18 Jan, 2009 - 09:56 AM, said:

Lol, thanks. Didn't have to look at the flag to see were you're from. :P Here, across the pond, we say "don't let the bastards get you down!"

I believe I had my first computer at 13. It was an Atari 800, but I got it because it was easier to do sprites than the other things. i.e. program really primitive looking games. Point is, now the hobby equates to a good job. Better than average, by all accounts.

The guy giving you grief is either jealous or intimidated, most likely the latter. If you must deal with them, just play that interested down. "Yeah, I like play with the computer, kind geeky, no big deal." You'll run into more like him. Consider this a training pratt. ;)

What do you mean you didn't have to look at the flag to see where I'm from? LOL training Pratt... ill soon be on to the real thing!

View Postgabehabe, on 18 Jan, 2009 - 09:57 AM, said:

Do you know him personally, or just online?

How old is he? What does he do?

Most likely jealous because he can't do the things you can do. Don't let it get to you, the world is full of arse holes. :)

baavgai said:

"don't let the bastards get you down!"
That's our family motto! Seriously! haha!

I know him in person he goes to my school and hes 13 ... my age
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• human.setType("geek");
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

This horrible git keeps taking the mic out of me calling me all sorts of thing and generally being a Pratt , its because i enjoy programming i mean whats wrong with a 13 year old programming I'm sure allot of you started when you were around my age! Normally this kind of thing wouldn't annoy me but he just keeps going on and on sending me e-mails texts and msn messages etc hes so annoying aaaarrrrgggghhh!!!

I started programming back when i was 15 and my interest in computers especially hardware and repair and electronics dates even back since i was 10, at that time i felt i was the only one between my friends who knew alot more than them in computers, and electronics and i too faced some problems just as you do. But i actually i didnt care since when people start doing such stuff to you it directly means that they jealous really jealous so just ignore them, and such people should know that without programmers and computer geeks especially the young they wouldnt have had high tech computers nor were able to play their favorite 3d games, others should admire people like you if they really have values... one solution i would give you is just ignore and concentrate on your programming! they are just trying to distract you, just keep on programming until you come up with something great in the future so that others understand your importance as a programmer.... anyways good luck in your programming and take care ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:03 AM

And my guess is that he can't program? Does he suck at maths?

Sounds like jealousy to me. Either that, or he's just a mini-chav. :)

Mini-chavs are the best. When I was in sixth form (16 years old) the 11 year old mini-chavs still came up to me to have a go. I picked them up, carried them away from their friends in a part of the school that they didn't recognise and left them there. hahahahaa I miss school. :)

EDIT -- By the way, I started application dev when I was 16, web dev when I was 14. So not much older than you. Like martyr said though, we have a lot of younger programmers here, I know jacobjordan and abgorn are 13 too, and they're both awesome. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:08 AM

View Postgabehabe, on 18 Jan, 2009 - 10:03 AM, said:

And my guess is that he can't program? Does he suck at maths?

Sounds like jealousy to me. Either that, or he's just a mini-chav. :)

OMG you just described him in two sentences!!!
He sucks at maths (well he sucks at everything really except being a dick) he cant program and hes a dirty little shit head of a chav!
But for some reason everyone likes him!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

jamillion said:

But for some reason everyone likes him!

You just explained why. hes a dirty little shit head of a chav!

For some reason, that's what qualifies to be popular in this country. Sucks.

heh, seems funny talking to someone else who complains about chavs here at DIC.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:34 AM

Just ignore him. 13 here also, luckily no problems with idiots though. Good luck...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

wish i could start programming at 13 too mate.But our generation was not that "into computing".I prefered playing football or beating Scouts!(no real reason Oo)

Anyway.I started at my 17.And here at Greece if you program everybody says "oh my god he is smart oh my god ! "

But never speak about code at girls :D
(exept programmers :P)

Ignore that piece of crap ! When you ll be rich with girls and cars he ll prob begging for some CRACK or some juice at a corner near McDonalds.

EDIT:Or maybe he ll sell guns and whores and be more rich than you.But he ll die in a prison after all.

This post has been edited by Valkerion: 18 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• class Me : Perfection
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

I really can't relate to you, because i've never had anyone prejudice me as a programmer because of my age. (i'm 13 too). Like everyone else has said in this thread, just ignore him. Don't send him hatemail back or anything, because that's just gonna make him want to pick on you more. If you do nothing back, he'll just get board after not too long. Trust me, though i've never been picked on as a 13 year old programmer, i used to get picked on for a lot of other stuff, and ignoring really does the trick (though sometimes, a "Shut the fuck up you damn bitch" does work too :) ). The only reason he's picking on you is because he wishes he could have started programming as young as you. If someone below you picks on you, then it shouldn't matter. He's not even worthy of you saying anything back.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Expert Schmexpert...
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:10 PM

I think you ought to just admit to being his slave, I mean he's obviously a better person than you why else would he pick on you and not the other way around. It's simple logic. Survival of the fittest if you will. Give him your lunch money right now and your allowance. Did I mention you should take his math test and damn you if you don't ace it for him.
Did I forget anything? Probably did but I trust that you think of it for me so as to make his life as good as possible.

*Spits out irony-pill*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:14 PM

Speaking of sex slaves...

Gloin, what are you doing outside of my basement?!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »