Is your code/program/IDE Visual Basic or VB.NET?

Find out here whether your code/program/IDE is Visual Basic or VB.NET

Page 1 of 1

0 Replies - 1439 Views - Last Post: 20 January 2009 - 10:13 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Is your code/program/IDE Visual Basic or VB.NET?

Post icon  Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

Ok, I have been noticing A LOT of posts that have NOTHING to do with Visual Basic 5/6, which is strictly for this forum. Unfortunately, Microsoft calls Visual Basic 200(5/8) Visual Basic.
Any code -OR- programs made with Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 or Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 is VB.NET!
Visual Basic = Visual Basic 6 or Visual Basic 5.
Here are sode quick ways of telling whether your code/program is VB.NET or VB:

If the IDE is NOT from Visual Studio 98 or BEFORE IT VB.NET
If the IDE is FROM Visual Studio 98 or BEFORE IT IS VB, which is covered in THIS FORUM

If your program's default icon is not what looks like a white box with a bluish rectangle above it, it is VB.NET

If you have the following:
[Private|Public] Sub <ProcedureName> (<Arguments>)
	<Statements>
End Sub

IT IS VISUAL BASIC

Public Class
   Public Sub blah()
	  <statements>
   End Sub
End Class

IS VB.NET

SO TO THOSE WHO DONT PAY ATTENTION TO WHETHER YOU ARE CODING IN VB OR .NET
PLEASE DETERMINE BY THE ABOVE
AND ALSO, TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR STINKING IDE, WILL YA?
THE Microsoft Visual Basic 6 IDE is MOST likely UNAVAILABLE legally, without purchasing it completely from someone who PREVIOUSLY purchased it from either Microsoft or someone ELSE who had NOT illegally obtained it. If I stand correctly, it is ILLEGAL for you to recieve and/or distribute stolen or fraudulent property knowingly or unknowingly, and I advise you not to discuss any illegal transfers of it other than thru e-mail, PM, or otherwise, because if I see any posts about it, I will have to take action. Microsoft sold it, someone paid for it, the least you could do is make sure the money always goes into the right hands.

-Senseika

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1