2 Replies - 1299 Views - Last Post: 28 September 2003 - 12:19 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Larger Image And Take Off Noise, Pixel Dust, Blur

Post icon  Posted 25 September 2003 - 12:06 AM

Heya, friends!

I'm newbie in graphics, so the problem is: I've got an image (495*500) of not perfect quality. I need to make it ~ twice bigger and take off this shit, that appears, when the image is larger - pixel dirt, dust, noise, blur, bad color and other crap.....

Please, if someone knows - help me!

Thanx in advance.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Larger Image And Take Off Noise, Pixel Dust, Blur

• Voltron's Daddy
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Larger Image And Take Off Noise, Pixel Dust, Blur

Posted 27 September 2003 - 09:10 AM

Well, theres no real way to resize an image without loosing quality, but (assuming your using photoshop) go into Image -> Image Size make it 200 PERCENT, turn constrain proportions on to make it even, and resample it using bicubic. Your image should be twice as big - and your just going to have to touch it up by hand to get the dust, dirt, noise whatever. no way of automatically helping that. Put the picture up and I'll help you out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!?

• View blog

Re: Larger Image And Take Off Noise, Pixel Dust, Blur

Posted 28 September 2003 - 12:19 PM

There is a better way to resize. Do it incrementally (10% at a time, over & over). That'll keep the image sharper than doing it all at once.

As for the rest of your editing, definitely wait until you blow up the image. And experiment. You're basically asking how to use PS there....

Look around for tutorials (in our resources, of course), ask here for help with them....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1