Video Player in Vb.net

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2

15 Replies - 18464 Views - Last Post: 04 October 2009 - 01:02 PM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Backtracker  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: -23
  • View blog
  • Posts: 163
  • Joined: 30-November 08

Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

The only thing that i can find is players based on third party .dll isnt there any simplier command like system.video.play("C:\File.mpg")?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Video Player in Vb.net

#2 n8wxs  Icon User is offline

  • --... ...-- -.. . -. ---.. .-- -..- ...
  • member icon

Reputation: 972
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,878
  • Joined: 07-January 08

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:41 AM

Have a look at Process.Start Method (String)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Backtracker  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: -23
  • View blog
  • Posts: 163
  • Joined: 30-November 08

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:01 PM

no i mean a video player inside the form
like pictureboxes
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 n8wxs  Icon User is offline

  • --... ...-- -.. . -. ---.. .-- -..- ...
  • member icon

Reputation: 972
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,878
  • Joined: 07-January 08

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

Maybe Is there any object can play .wmv file in VB.net 2005?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#5 Backtracker  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: -23
  • View blog
  • Posts: 163
  • Joined: 30-November 08

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

what do you know that i dont? how can you find it in 10 min ?

This post has been edited by Backtracker: 24 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 n8wxs  Icon User is offline

  • --... ...-- -.. . -. ---.. .-- -..- ...
  • member icon

Reputation: 972
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,878
  • Joined: 07-January 08

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:41 PM

LOL!!!!

Google is MY friend! :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 Backtracker  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: -23
  • View blog
  • Posts: 163
  • Joined: 30-November 08

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

are you in the pic? (avatar)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 narmer93  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular

Reputation: 8
  • View blog
  • Posts: 317
  • Joined: 13-March 08

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:56 AM

what about using windows media player object?
right click on the toolbox►choose items►com tab►check windows media player object.
it will be added to the tool box.you can set the file using the .url method.
or you can open it as a process using process.start
good luck and i hope i was helpful☺.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#9 kylergillespie  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 18-March 09

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

View Postnarmer93, on 26 Jan, 2009 - 03:56 AM, said:

what about using windows media player object?
right click on the toolbox►choose items►com tab►check windows media player object.
it will be added to the tool box.you can set the file using the .url method.
or you can open it as a process using process.start
good luck and i hope i was helpful☺.


can someone please give me an example when using the wmp feature in vb 2005, how do i make it play a video?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 Arazons  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 79
  • Joined: 18-March 09

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:33 PM

View Postkylergillespie, on 1 Apr, 2009 - 05:26 PM, said:

View Postnarmer93, on 26 Jan, 2009 - 03:56 AM, said:

what about using windows media player object?
right click on the toolbox►choose items►com tab►check windows media player object.
it will be added to the tool box.you can set the file using the .url method.
or you can open it as a process using process.start
good luck and i hope i was helpful☺.


can someone please give me an example when using the wmp feature in vb 2005, how do i make it play a video?


Set the URL property of the control to the video file path + name as string. Then in the controls collection of the control select play. You will also find other settings in there to tweak the playing of the file...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 kylergillespie  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 18-March 09

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

View PostArazons, on 1 Apr, 2009 - 05:33 PM, said:

View Postkylergillespie, on 1 Apr, 2009 - 05:26 PM, said:

View Postnarmer93, on 26 Jan, 2009 - 03:56 AM, said:

what about using windows media player object?
right click on the toolbox►choose items►com tab►check windows media player object.
it will be added to the tool box.you can set the file using the .url method.
or you can open it as a process using process.start
good luck and i hope i was helpful☺.


can someone please give me an example when using the wmp feature in vb 2005, how do i make it play a video?


Set the URL property of the control to the video file path + name as string. Then in the controls collection of the control select play. You will also find other settings in there to tweak the playing of the file...


I am simply trying to designate a video into the video player and play it, but this code does not work

Public Class Form1
Dim path As String = My.Application.Info.DirectoryPath
Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles

Button1.Click
vidplayer.URL = (path & "line rider.AVI")


End Sub
End Class

the only thing on the form is a button and the windows media player
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 Arazons  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 79
  • Joined: 18-March 09

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

Re-read what I wrote to begin with....

Setting the URL does nothing but tell the control which file to play it doesnt tell it to play it... Access the controls collection in the control and execute the .play method

WMP.ctlButtons.Play or WMP.controls.Play something like that... LOOK at your intellisense you'll figure it out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 kylergillespie  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 18-March 09

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:45 AM

ok ok, one more question, because i did all of that, and the player says the video is ready, i press play, and nothing happens, do you know what video formats it accepts?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#14 Arazons  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head
  • member icon

Reputation: 1
  • View blog
  • Posts: 79
  • Joined: 18-March 09

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:20 PM

View Postkylergillespie, on 3 Apr, 2009 - 06:45 AM, said:

ok ok, one more question, because i did all of that, and the player says the video is ready, i press play, and nothing happens, do you know what video formats it accepts?


Any format that you have codex installed on your system for.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 DazeOfTheWeak  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: 02-April 09

Re: Video Player in Vb.net

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:32 PM

I would think it could be achieved purely using WMP controls and, say, the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2