Make anti-virus program in VB.NET

Antivirus

• (3 Pages)
  • +

32 Replies - 55035 Views - Last Post: 11 August 2011 - 06:19 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Make anti-virus program in VB.NET

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:40 AM

greetings im a high school student my professor told us that all the types of viruses are also considered as malicious softwares or malware and im curious is it true?.,.

im also developing an anti-malware\anti-virus software

i already created a scanner but my software can only detect viruses by the virus name or just simply by its filenames\file extensions.,.

Expert said that this is not the correct way of detecting. And the right way of detecting is by its behavior.

I need some example of detecting maybe the most common virus like Trojans and worms,.,. thanks.,.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

View PostVille_09, on 20 September 2010 - 06:40 AM, said:

greetings im a high school student my professor told us that all the types of viruses are also considered as malicious softwares or malware and im curious is it true?.,.

im also developing an anti-malware\anti-virus software

i already created a scanner but my software can only detect viruses by the virus name or just simply by its filenames\file extensions.,.

Expert said that this is not the correct way of detecting. And the right way of detecting is by its behavior.

I need some example of detecting maybe the most common virus like Trojans and worms,.,. thanks.,.

you can use MD5 or CRC32 of the file to compare for known malicious software..that's what I do for my antivirus..detecting malicious software by their behavior is one step higher level of programming..it's called heuristic analysis..however, this method is not 100% accurate and may cause false positive error or false alert..depend on how strict rules you set..but it is not too depend to databases/signatures..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Peasant
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

In my experience viruses aren't much of a threat anymore, mostly malware.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +