2 Replies - 745 Views - Last Post: 27 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Web page layout

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

hey,

I was just starting to design a website in ASP.net using VWD.
My Question is i want the body of the page to be on a grey backround which has been swivelled slightly with a white background behind that and i wasn't sure of the way to acomplish this task.
The way i started doing it was to create an image where it has a grey rectangle on a white background of which i have slightly swiveled the rectangle. the image is 800x1200, the size i want each page.
I would then set this as the background using CSS, which when viewed you only see the top part of the image and there is no way to scroll down on the screen, i'm guessing this is because its just the background and because there is not data beyound the view of screen atm there is scrool bar.

Is there some better way if doinf this than setting the image as background?

Many Thanks,

Tommyflint

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Web page layout

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Web page layout

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

Moved to HTML and CSS.

The only better way I can currently think of would be to place the background image in a div and then set that so the height is 1200 so you always can see the whole bg if you want to.

HTH
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Web page layout

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

I'm not sure what you are going for, it might be easier for you to make something in photoshop/mspaint/gimp as a single image of what you want, and then create the css for it.

One method might be to make an image of the grey rectangle, and set it as your background fixed in the center. The default white background will show up around it since it doesn't cover the screen:
(instead of a smiley put the rectangle)
http://www.w3schools...ground-position

It might be tricky to get the content to align on top of a background image though, in which case making the background white, and the content layer have the rectangle as a background would probably work better
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1