1 Replies - 746 Views - Last Post: 31 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

Poll: Which One (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Language

1. Java (4 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. C++ (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. C (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Ruby (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Pearl (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Delphi (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

7. Php (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need Help ON Where To Go Next Caree Wise

Post icon  Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

Well I have always loved computers and I first got into programing because I wanted to create game hacks and then just hacking. I Took java in school and it was blah. So now I am collage and I haven't taken in computer class since I had to catch up on my math and English level. But while I am doing that I need to program something. I was thinking maybe php and getting into web development. Since I brought Some Hosting 3 domains i want to get sites up on. I did install joomla on 2. Then I was thinking about c++ since i do know a little. My old java teacher gave me them since he hated c++ and said java was better and the future. I do like games so thats a plus. Then ruby, delphi , pearl and c caught my eye. C really caught my eye.

Summary For People Who Don't Want To Ready All That. Which Language Should I Go With And What Field Would That Put Me Into?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need Help ON Where To Go Next Caree Wise

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need Help ON Where To Go Next Caree Wise

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

Well that's a pretty broad topic...if you look around in similar posts to this one you'll see the common response is "What do you hope to accomplish?". Also if you are interested in programming as a career, what field would you like to enter?

Oh, wait you're asking for fields. Languages like C, C++, and Java will land you in software development or computer science. However those languages are also essential when it comes to game programming. Not sure what businesses work with Delphi but the others (PHP, Ruby, and Perl) will have you developing websites and server-side applications. I notice you didn't put C# up there; any particular reason for it or have you just not read about it? C# is turning into the best choice for windows desktop software and tools for business applications. Some are developing games in it as well

This post has been edited by xCraftyx: 31 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1