• « First

58 Replies - 3113 Views - Last Post: 29 April 2009 - 12:47 AM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Terrible Teachers

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:38 AM

Another one..

You get the good teachers that give you extensions and the not so good teachers that purposely give the due dates of assignments when all the others are also due in.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:45 AM

Aheheh.. Terrible teachers aye... Well, I just consider teachers are terrible if only I don't like the subjects they're teaching... Grrrr... I hate P.E subject.... I always get low grades.... Aheheheh....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

I shouldn't really complain as my mum is a teacher.
My worst teacher in yr9 was my French teacher:

him: Edward, [French] how do you say [\French] 'I own a Flat'

Me: You lost me.

him: why are you in top set?

Me: good question.

yr10/11:
My teacher took two months to read a 100 page book, as he would stop every sentence and explain it.
My ICT teacher constantly put me down, the spinney green teachers chairs back was bigger than her(LMAO)

Now(a-level):
One of my mum's tutees, my mum is a year head at my school, has a really nasally voice and is pissed at everything. "Oh, Edward hasn't done one piece of homework well."
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• It's That Guy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

I don't think i've ever had a bad teacher. I've had teachers that obviously didn't know what they were saying, but then they almost always admitted they didn't really understand it and then found another resource with which to teach it to us.

Well I take that back, my english professor for my freshman 1st semester was a total asshole...The worst part was, he knew it and referred to himself as a prick. He actually did his best to make you leave the class hating him. I never did understand who dirtied his wheaties so badly. Still, At least he was honest.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:07 PM

View PostSuitchiro09, on 3 Apr, 2009 - 09:45 PM, said:

Aheheh.. Terrible teachers aye... Well, I just consider teachers are terrible if only I don't like the subjects they're teaching... Grrrr... I hate P.E subject.... I always get low grades.... Aheheheh....

I'm good at PE but dunno why teachers always give me low marks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#51 NeoTifa  Icon User is online

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:20 PM

Did you bring your gym shorts? :P I got a ... c? in gym my senior year because I did summer gym at another school and they actually tested you on fitness. Seeing as how I'm a fat kid with no cardiovascular health, I got low grades.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:39 PM

Always shorts. I could say that I'm one of the fit-test guys in my grade. Oh well.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

My English 11 teacher likes to dissect every book we read into tiny pieces, removing all the meaning and fun out of reading the book and instead forcing you to focus on only the points she wants to bring out of the book. She also assigns at least two pages of homework per chapter, including vocab. :rolleyes:
In contrast, my teacher for senior seminar this year is great. He almost never assigns homework, in the last book we read (Night), he only made us take a quiz in the beginning, after that he actually let us experience the ideas and feelings from the book, instead of cramming them down our throats.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2009 - 03:57 AM

Yes like my english teacher.

We were studying shakespeare and every line she "had" to explain it and her excuse was "Its in the syllabus". (meh.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 24 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

I had a teacher in high school who gave us a 10 page paper the first day of class. Each of the 10 pages had a question which you would take the page answering. One of the questions was "what is the meaning of life?" I kid you not. I got an F on the paper because my opinions didn't line up with his.

I also had a teacher in college who was so stupid it was unbelievable. He argued with the class that the acceleration of gravity on earth was 19.18m/s2. The good thing about his class was that you could keep arguing wig him about your test and he would slowly but surely keep raising your grade until you got 100%. I took his class twice just because of this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2009 - 01:08 PM

The worst is the one I have currently!! She is foreign, meaning she can't undrstand the English language. The class is a Java class which is difficult enough to understand for beginners. The syllabus is so messed up no one knows what the assignments are. When you ask her to clarify or define something she says "see my notes"!!!!
I want to scream "Lady I am not an idiot, I have researched my question in and out of the class and as a last resort I am asking you the question because I did not find the answer anywhere else!!!!!"
When there are 20 people in a class who do not know what is going on then it is THE TEACHER.

:v: :crazy:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:28 PM

View Postfirebolt, on 23 Apr, 2009 - 02:57 AM, said:

Yes like my english teacher.

We were studying shakespeare and every line she "had" to explain it and her excuse was "Its in the syllabus". (meh.)

Today I think I found one of the best examples, "Describe what Jack was being compared to at the beginning of the chapter. Explain it's significance."
The direct quote from Lord of the Flies I THINK she was referencing was "He was down like a sprinter..." or it might have been "Then dog-like...", so I made something up, and I am sure she won't even notice.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

Sometimes its just for killing time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• |>|20-514<|{3|2

• View blog

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:47 AM

My worst teacher (currently still in the class) is my Calculus teacher. He is a kind of teacher you wouldn't mind hangin out with and drinkin with, maybe surfing, but as a Calc teacher, he is terrible. Absolutely terrible. All of his teachings come straight out of the beginning index of the chapters, the stuff they are supposed to explain and clarify, yeah, no clarification. uses the examples from the index of the book. He also finds that when the average scores of the class on a test are a 68%, it's alright, the lowest was an 8% i believe. But a 68%?! WTF? We've done epsilon delta proofs, inwhich aren't really even talked about until CalcII...The Epsilon Delta Proofs are to just emphasize the fact that our class has done 5 more sections than the other calculus classes, and we are still ahead of the other classes. We just started our last chapter, and still have a month of class left. He is quite the douche.

P.S. In math books they have ''red box'' problems that are significantly more difficult than the rest of the problems, and he refuses to do them saying, "They take too long." Or if we don't understand a step of an equation, he asks why, than he quickly replies with, "That's simple algebra, perhaps you should take my math 098 class." B*tch stay to your math098 class and GTFO of math180.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First