13 Replies - 856 Views - Last Post: 15 February 2009 - 11:06 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I require Urgent Help. My Swf is encrypted.

Post icon  Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

I had this swf and my computer got a virus and I had to re format my C drive but I still had my swf on my CD but I encrypted it and now I can't get my code. Please Help.

Attached swf file.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I require Urgent Help. My Swf is encrypted.

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: I require Urgent Help. My Swf is encrypted.

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:15 PM

I had this swf and my computer got a virus and I had to re format my C drive but I still had my swf on my CD but I encrypted it and now I can't get my code. Please Help.

Swf location: http://download325.m...n1nj5b/Lore.swf

This post has been edited by jorg hi: 12 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

Hmmmm, no offense but it sounds as if you found a flash file you liked, wanted to modify it and want our help getting the actual code from the file. Is that a more accurate assumption?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 12 Feb, 2009 - 03:17 PM, said:

Hmmmm, no offense but it sounds as if you found a flash file you liked, wanted to modify it and want our help getting the actual code from the file. Is that a more accurate assumption?

? No.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:37 PM

I was able to retrieve your source file (.fla), but before I upload it, I want permission from a mod/admin.

This post has been edited by skater_00: 12 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

I searched on Google and if it were a flash game on the internet... well... lore doesn't exist.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Still. Decompilers should be used for personal use only, unless your product license states otherwise. We all know what "copyright infringement" is, right. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:02 AM

I think it is simpler for you to guide him how you did the whole process so that he can buy the software and do what you did to get the source... He should not have problem decompiling the file if it is his own and you are not legally bound to his action... That's my 2 cents... ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

View PostCyanBlue, on 13 Feb, 2009 - 07:02 AM, said:

I think it is simpler for you to guide him how you did the whole process so that he can buy the software and do what you did to get the source... He should not have problem decompiling the file if it is his own and you are not legally bound to his action... That's my 2 cents... ;)

Can I have my source now please, I need it really soon. Or tell me how to do it.

This post has been edited by jorg hi: 13 February 2009 - 04:10 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

How is it an emergency? Besides, if you coded the entire flash project and encrypted it as a .SWF project... wouldn't you be able to figure out how to decompile it?

I agree with the rest of the posters on this one... unless there is some sort of verification that this IS his project... decompiling someone elses work is illegal.

Sorry jorg, but it just seems extremely suspicious for a first poster to be asking the experienced members at D.I.C. to decompile a project that "YOU made, but can't figure out how to decompile"....

Is there anything that you remember about the project code that you could use to help identify yourself as having legitimate claims?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:21 PM

Well... Something similar actually happened to me like several weeks ago... I was contacted by my former co-worker and asked if I could fix something that I have done long time ago... Well... I hardly remember a thing on what I did on that project... I guess it's normal to be in that stage when the project like like several years old and the framework took good amount of time and many many files to get the job done... and if I needed to come up with the decompiled version from that project, I probably won't be able to do it...

The bottom line is that skater_00 should provide him steps on how to decompile the SWF and everybody will be happy and stay legal as long as he/she knows what he/she is doing... ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

View PostCyanBlue, on 13 Feb, 2009 - 03:21 PM, said:

Well... Something similar actually happened to me like several weeks ago... I was contacted by my former co-worker and asked if I could fix something that I have done long time ago... Well... I hardly remember a thing on what I did on that project... I guess it's normal to be in that stage when the project like like several years old and the framework took good amount of time and many many files to get the job done... and if I needed to come up with the decompiled version from that project, I probably won't be able to do it...

The bottom line is that skater_00 should provide him steps on how to decompile the SWF and everybody will be happy and stay legal as long as he/she knows what he/she is doing... ;)

Well I remember it connects to www.aq.battleon.com to look for the current game version. I forgot most of it, because people helped me make it and now I can't find them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:23 AM

View Postjorg hi, on 13 Feb, 2009 - 03:27 PM, said:

View PostCyanBlue, on 13 Feb, 2009 - 03:21 PM, said:

Well I remember it connects to www.aq.battleon.com to look for the current game version. I forgot most of it, because people helped me make it and now I can't find them.

I still need help... I don't want a .fla, I just need my AS code, I know most of the design.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:06 AM

View Postjorg hi, on 12 Feb, 2009 - 03:14 PM, said:

Attached swf file.
Attached File  math.zip (18.35K)
Number of downloads: 45

New attachment
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1