Senior Thesis Project

Final Semester Project

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 1250 Views - Last Post: 13 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Senior Thesis Project

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:39 AM

In my final semester before receiving my bachelors degree, i have to take a class called senior thesis. For this class i had to choose a topic relating to the web, write a 30 page paper and give a 15 minute presentation. I chose Web analytics as my topic.

Here is my thesis. "Does the judicious use of web analytics contribute to the success of a web presence?"

Here's a little "intro" I wrote which is a very general description of what i will be talking about.

Web analytics has become very important. Itís cost effective and it helps with advancements in marketing strategies. Web analytics allows you to explore the siteís user demographics so that you can focus on specific audiences and not waist your finances with others. You also are given the ability to determine whether your online marketing strategy is working. With web analytics you are able to get the most out of your marketing dollars.

Here's my outline so far...needs some work though

Technologies
Web traffic data
Web transactional data
Web server performance data
User submitted information(surveys)
Tools/Software:
Different software and what it does.
Free vs. Paid
How to implement web analytics
What does your company have in place at the moment.
What are the goals of your website

I figured I would start a thread on here to get some ideas flowing and maybe some more resources (need lots of resources}. So if anyone has any comments about this or any resources they would like to share, it would help me out tremendously. Thanks.

Jay

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Senior Thesis Project

• I must break you
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Senior Thesis Project

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:55 AM

I was on a huge web analytics porject at work when I was an Intern. Let me see what kind of documents and things i can dig up that might be able to help you out.

Give me a day or two and I will hopefully have something for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:06 AM

My ADHD is kicking my ass at the moment, but if you're interested in picking my brain, web analytics and A/B testing is one of the main reasons Dream.In.Code has grown so quickly in recent years. I can tell you some of the stuff I use it for.

Phone call maybe?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

I was on a huge web analytics porject at work when I was an Intern. Let me see what kind of documents and things i can dig up that might be able to help you out.

Give me a day or two and I will hopefully have something for you.

That would be awesome...no rush I have all semester

My ADHD is kicking my ass at the moment, but if you're interested in picking my brain, web analytics and A/B testing is one of the main reasons Dream.In.Code has grown so quickly in recent years. I can tell you some of the stuff I use it for.

Phone call maybe?

That would be extremely helpful...Maybe when i get a little more into it though. When i get more of the research done and learn more about it i'll definately take you up on that offer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1