information about exam

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 823 Views - Last Post: 14 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

MCSD

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

firstly i am planning to give mcsd for c# should i?? secondly since i am a student am i eligible?? ,and thirdly i am planning to give it and complete all the mcsd exam for c# before mine B.E completion which will take around 3 years from now can anyone give me info and i am also thinking with growing popularity of c# i guess i should give mcsd for c# rather then vb.net and i am also not intrested in java ;)

EDIT:Added question mark and more description

This post has been edited by prajayshetty: 14 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: MCSD

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: MCSD

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

First off I'm moving this to the Corner Cubical since it's not exactly a programming question. For more information on the MCSD Certification you can go here.

I am mixed on certifications, and so are a lot of programmers and employers. I feel some, as with MCSD, MCDE, Cisco Certifications and so on, and reputable certifications to have on your resume, I know mine have helped me in the past. The test is larger than you think, and you had better know your stuff before spending the money on the exam. Just my 2 :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

ya i know i am also buying a book for it and i am studying it since its a c# i dont thinkso i am gonna get bored if i i will temporarily switch to java and come back to c#
can i get their previous papers??

EDIT:can i get their previous papers

This post has been edited by prajayshetty: 14 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

Ever heard of punctuation? :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

oops forgot lol. i am also thinking should i use dumps or should i test mine skills what you guys say?

This post has been edited by prajayshetty: 14 February 2009 - 12:54 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

I would not use dumps. There are a couple downsides to them outside of it is cheating.

The first is you don't actually find out what you really know.

The second is a lot of folks just memorize the answer and there are rumors of Microsoft posting dumps with the wrong answers on them.

So really if you don't mind cheating (did I mention that is cheating? ;)), and you don't care to really know the information then a dump is 'ok'. I have know MCSEs that can't plug in a keyboard because all they used are dumps and never truly touched a computer outside of surfing the web. You don't want to fall into that.

Now what I would probably do is see if you can take some practice tests. They would at least give you an idea of where you stand in the real tests. God knows Microsoft doesn't write the normal type of tests.

The only reason I ever get certifications is when my job actually requires someone to get certified in order to do a task. For instance, I got SANS certified because they would not allow direct database access from the internet unless someone was certified in code security.

I'm not sure if that helps at all but that is sort of my feeling on dumps. If you truly know the information it isn't that bad.

This post has been edited by Magto: 14 February 2009 - 01:27 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

so no to dumps anyways i dont like cheating lets see what happen when i keep trust on mine skills i never cheated in mine collage exams not a single time for programming especially because nor i belive on previous papers nor i do them
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1