3 Replies - 1699 Views - Last Post: 15 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Visual Web Developer Express 2008

Post icon  Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

Hello DIC, I'm trying to create the most simple webpage using Visual web developer express 2008 , and everything goes well... To be precise , there are no errors in the error list when I try to debug the application. But the problem is...I'm getting this message in Internet Explorer 7 ( I attached an image ). I won't put the code of my application here because it's really simple and as I said there are no errors. But to assure you that I didn't come running here at the first sight of a problem , this is what tried to do myself. I tried turning my ESET Nod32 off , also my Spyware doctor but it didn't help. In IE internet options , I unchecked "disable script debugging" both for IE and other explorers but with no success.I tried to open the page in Firefox,Opera but no...The only way I can open the page is when I click on ASP.NET Development Server icon which appears on taskbar and then select "open in web browser". If someone could help me that would be awesome. I have XP with SP3.

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Visual Web Developer Express 2008

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Visual Web Developer Express 2008

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

It is not showing because the page is hosted on the development server, rather then on the IIS server. You will either have to install IIS and host your application there or use the development server. To access the development server from a web browser, besides localhost you will also have to enter the port, on which the server is registered.

You can take a look at this article to find out how to independently launch the ASP.NET Development Server:
http://mark.michaeli...ommandLine.aspx
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

Thanks for the reply Core , but it turns out that my ESET 32 was responsible for this... After the long,long search of the Internet I came across the solution for this problem so if anyone else encounters the same problem check this link http://insomniacgeek...ver-with-nod32/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

Glad you found the solution :) Also, I'm not 100% sure with VWD (I will check on this) but with Visual Studio it has with it a scaled down version of IIS, allowing you to run and test your pages straight from the IDE, without needing to have IIS isntalled :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1