2 Replies - 2069 Views - Last Post: 28 January 2004 - 11:20 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Setting Up A Shopping Cart

Posted 22 January 2004 - 05:19 PM

Ok, so I need to set up a shopping cart. I've already enabled osCommerce on my site. I have no clue what to do next. Also, I am a complete moron. Someone please tell me what to do. I need help.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Setting Up A Shopping Cart

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Setting Up A Shopping Cart

Posted 26 January 2004 - 02:12 PM

First off, you need a licence to run OS E Commerce, A lot of our clients over at Dreamstudios mistake that having it installed or having it come with your account means you can use it, actually we provide the tools / software to install but the client must but a licence / registration for it to work.

OS is a very spendy solution, there are cheaper and some free solutions out there, one of witch is starting a store using Paypal, they can supply all of the scripts and such free of charge when you get an account, but there are fall backs for using that sort of thing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• humble.genius
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Setting Up A Shopping Cart

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:20 PM

MarkoDaGeek, on Jan 26 2004, 02:12 PM, said:

you need a licence to run OS E Commerce

I think you are getting this confused with Miva Merchant, which does require a license and does come with most Dream Studios hosting packages.

From http://www.oscommerce.com/about :

osCommerce is an online shop solution that offers a wide range of out-of-the-box features that allows online stores to be setup fairly quickly with ease, and is available for free as an open source based solution released under the GNU General Public License.

So, if you are looking for a "free" solution (you still have to work on the look-and-feel and details of the system), I recommend OS Commerce. Another solution has recently cropped up as an offshoot of OSCommerce:

http://www.zen-cart.com/

which looks promising but is still in the advanced stages of beta testing.

Cheers,
RP
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1