0 Replies - 2162 Views - Last Post: 19 February 2009 - 08:48 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Web Service calling winforms DLL (DragDrop Error) & Debugging

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:48 AM

I have a DLL that we created and use inside of Win Forms apps. Problem is, it has been in continual development for a number of years and was architected poorly, the UI portion is not separated properly in this DLL. Live and learn I guess. Anyway, we have decided that a business process requirement needs us to call this DLL from a web service (or Windows Service for that matter). It would be a daunting task (and simply don't have the time right now, to go back and make this right.

Anyway, we receive an error that makes perfect sense "DragDrop registration did not succeed".

I know it can work, because we have done this before in testing and I do know we have to be careful of the Threading Model.

But does anyone have any tips for debugging the web service or windows service when calling this type of winforms dll? IIS configuration tips? Or any other tips in general relating to this. We get an error and just cant debug. Due to the DragDrop registration issue.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I know this is a strange request, but if I could turn back the clock :)

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1