4 Replies - 1089 Views - Last Post: 20 February 2009 - 07:51 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

form sent to selection choice

Post icon  Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:59 PM

I have several simple forms that send a comment to an email that is placed in the code. I want to use the same form and be able to use a drop down list that shows department names and when a user selects a name it sends the contents of the form to the email associated with that department. I have a php form that will do this but just can't figure out how to do it in cf.

Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: form sent to selection choice

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: form sent to selection choice

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

View Postwpatters1229, on 19 Feb, 2009 - 03:59 PM, said:

I have several simple forms that send a comment to an email that is placed in the code. I want to use the same form and be able to use a drop down list that shows department names and when a user selects a name it sends the contents of the form to the email associated with that department. I have a php form that will do this but just can't figure out how to do it in cf.

Thanks

Post what you have tried, and a snippet of the php code, and someone can help you convert it to CF.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

I have attached the php form and the xml used in the flash object I will also add the html version. These are all produced using coffeecup web form builder.

View Postsansclue, on 19 Feb, 2009 - 04:46 PM, said:

Thanks

Post what you have tried, and a snippet of the php code, and someone can help you convert it to CF.

Attached File(s)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

In researching this I came across a tutorial that pretty much does all that I need except this one little trick of allowing the user to send the email to a selected address that is masked by a department name. It seems it would be easier for someone smarter than I to suggest how to modify this form and then I might even learn how it is done. I want to know and not always use the wizards. Here is the link.
http://www.community...e...1&cid=7F9DB

Thanks in advance for your help...who ever you are

View Postwpatters1229, on 19 Feb, 2009 - 05:17 PM, said:

I have attached the php form and the xml used in the flash object I will also add the html version. These are all produced using coffeecup web form builder.

View Postsansclue, on 19 Feb, 2009 - 04:46 PM, said:

Thanks

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

View Postwpatters1229, on 19 Feb, 2009 - 05:36 PM, said:

In researching this I came across a tutorial that pretty much does all that I need except this one little trick of allowing the user to send the email to a selected address that is masked by a department name. It seems it would be easier for someone smarter than I to suggest how to modify this form and then I might even learn how it is done. I want to know and not always use the wizards. Here is the link.
http://www.community...e...1&cid=7F9DB

Thanks in advance for your help...who ever you are

Just add a <cfselect> list to the form code example. They are the same as your basic html select, with a few added features.

<cfform ....>

<select name="EmailToSendTo" ...>
   <option value="value1">email information to display here </option>
   <option value="value2">email information to display here </option>
</select>

... other code ..

</cfform>

The slightly tricky part would be doing the mask/unmask of the email addresses. I am not sure how your current code does that. If your email addresses are stored in a database, you could run a cfquery to populate the select list. Then use your table's recordID for the list "value". Then retrieve the actual email in another query on your action page. That way you are not displaying the actual addresses on the form.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1