Really easy to fix...

I don't know much Javascript, but I know this is simple

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 607 Views - Last Post: 22 February 2009 - 11:30 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Really easy to fix...

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:30 AM

Hey, I downloaded the very simple Jquery Cycle Plugin and for some reason it's not working in Internet Explorer. I tried some of the other effects like "Fade" and they DO work in IE. For some reason, 'slideLeft' 'uncover' and those effects aren't working..? Is there a simple mistake somewhere?

Here is the link my website where I posted the example.. (notice how it works in FF but not IE):

http://tinyurl.com/aue5kd

-Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Really easy to fix...

#2 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Really easy to fix...

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:07 AM

One fix you need is in your js/tweak.js file you have timeout: 2000, you need to get rid of that last comma. By having that comma there I think IE is expected another parameter and thus crapping out. I can't give more diagnostic than that since all IE javascript will report is that there is an error on line 10 regarding expecting an identifier.

So correct that error and see if it fixes your problem. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Really easy to fix...

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:30 AM

View PostMartyr2, on 22 Feb, 2009 - 10:07 AM, said:

One fix you need is in your js/tweak.js file you have timeout: 2000, you need to get rid of that last comma. By having that comma there I think IE is expected another parameter and thus crapping out. I can't give more diagnostic than that since all IE javascript will report is that there is an error on line 10 regarding expecting an identifier.

So correct that error and see if it fixes your problem. :)

Wow, thanks so much.. It worked!

I can't believe such a small little thing can cause IE to do that. haha, i guess that's IE for you.

I just signed up today for this question, I think i'll stay here for help from now on. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1