7 Replies - 723 Views - Last Post: 26 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Best choices for Web development

Post icon  Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:34 PM

i am working on a project for school. what im trying to do is provide access to a landscape designing software that i purchased to users of my site. i am providing an online service where users can select how they would like to have the property landscaped and will be give them a quote on how much it will cost and how soon we can send out our personnel to have it done.

what i want to know is how to make program accessible to users of the site or even create a thin net version if possible.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Best choices for Web development

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Best choices for Web development

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:50 PM

Dream.In.Code has a policy by which we prefer to see a good faith effort on your part before providing source code for homework assignments. Please post the code you have written in an effort to resolve the problem, and our members would be happy to provide some guidance. Be sure to include a description of any errors you are encountering as well.

Post your code like this: :code:

Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:55 PM

View PostCore, on 22 Feb, 2009 - 01:50 PM, said:

Dream.In.Code has a policy by which we prefer to see a good faith effort on your part before providing source code for homework assignments. Please post the code you have written in an effort to resolve the problem, and our members would be happy to provide some guidance. Be sure to include a description of any errors you are encountering as well.

Post your code like this: :code:

Thanks.

honestly, im not sure where to start with this one. what i have is two parts... the program and the web page, im not sure how to put them together.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:04 PM

So basically you want to distribute your application from your web page? You can just create a download link for the application, if it is hosted somewhere. I am pretty sure that you can make such an application as a web-version, but we need to know what are you using (what programming language). Also, make sure you post the code you have done so far.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

i have done a few of the other pages but i have not done the one which i will be putting the interface on as yet. the reason why a simple dl link will not suffice is the is want the user to submit their design selection online
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:42 PM

In this case you will have to use a server-side language, like ASP.NET or PHP. If the application you created is based on the .NET platform, transferring it to ASP.NET won't be a problem. In this case, make sure that your hosting provider offers support for server-side languages.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:56 PM

are you giving the customer a set numberof design selections to choose from?
if so you could display each one as standard image and have the customer fill in a form which is emailed to you with there selctions,
or make an interactive version with flash.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

View Postneit, on 23 Feb, 2009 - 03:56 PM, said:

are you giving the customer a set numberof design selections to choose from?
if so you could display each one as standard image and have the customer fill in a form which is emailed to you with there selctions,
or make an interactive version with flash.

actually the customer will have free range interms of giving them a blank canvas to design their homes and and we act on that design.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1