3 Replies - 2226 Views - Last Post: 23 February 2009 - 01:13 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to display detailview based on log in user..

Post icon  Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

Hello.. I'm just a beginner in ASP.net.. I have some problem in developing my website for final year using VS2005.. Actually i don't know how to view the detailview for the current user.. for example, if customer A log in to the system, then how to display only data for customer A.. I have try it before but the problem is, when i login using different username, it still display the previous user data.. Hope there have a programmer can help me to solve this problem..
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to display detailview based on log in user..

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How to display detailview based on log in user..

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:56 AM

View Postweerez881, on 23 Feb, 2009 - 12:15 AM, said:

Hello.. I'm just a beginner in ASP.net.. I have some problem in developing my website for final year using VS2005.. Actually i don't know how to view the detailview for the current user.. for example, if customer A log in to the system, then how to display only data for customer A.. I have try it before but the problem is, when i login using different username, it still display the previous user data.. Hope there have a programmer can help me to solve this problem..

Are you using the built in membership system? If not, can you post your code/methods that login and log out a user?
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:55 PM

View PostdoWhileSomething, on 23 Feb, 2009 - 05:56 AM, said:

Are you using the built in membership system? If not, can you post your code/methods that login and log out a user?

Actually i only use the built in membership system.. Is there any solution that you can recommend?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:13 PM

If the data is user specific and/or role specific, then you should only be fetching data based on the role and/or membership ID.

Here is a good link: How To: Use Membership in ASP.NET 2.0
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1