Game Designer Wanted!

Page 1 of 1

10 Replies - 12585 Views - Last Post: 25 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Game Designer Wanted!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:16 AM

GAME DESIGNER WANTED!

No experience required just an imagination.

Game Name: N/A
Genre: Modern MMO

Note: This is not a medieval mmorpg/sc-fi it is an original idea with a serious goal.

Project name:
N/A

Brief description:
The project has been in production for several weeks, and will be in production for a lot more. Ever want to play a game how you want? don't want to be killed by a player that is a few levels higher then you? want a game based on skill and how much skill you have acquired during your In game time. Ever wanted to drive around in a nice luxurious car while everyone walks or maybe you prefer to modify your ride and race? all this will be possible.

Target aim:
Freeware

Compensation:
Not a paying position!

Technology:
Target System: PC
Technology: C++

Talent needed:
I'm looking for several game designers to help with designing a game. The basic outline of the game a Modern Day mmo with extremely in depth game play, Allowing you to control every aspect of your character.

Team structure:
Myself - Founder (I fund the project) / Design
Lead Programmer - Freelancer
Programmer - Freelancer
Lead Graphics - Freelancer
Graphics - Freelancer

N/A

Contacts:
Applications will be accepted through replies to this topic, or private messages(preferred).

Previous Work by Team:
N/A

Additional Info:
Only serious candidates, there will be no pay. What you will get out of this excellent position is experience working with a game that will! make it past development. An opportunity to grow within the team to positions such as;
+Game World Mapper (Full training will be provided with own mapping technology)
+Game Moderator (Full training will be provided with Moderator tools also a short training session)
+Tester
+Content Designer (Missions/Names of items/descriptions/character dress ups for npc's)

and several other positions.

Please no flamers/spammers for this topic.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Game Designer Wanted!

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Game Designer Wanted!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:00 AM

Hi Angel, This sounds great, but I have experience in game programming, I am novoice in C++ and C#, but I guess I can write a plot, some stroy line etc. If I can be of some use I would be very glad, I can send a sample of soem writing that I have done.

Thanks and regards

Anand.V.V.N
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:39 PM

Hi AnandVVN thanks for your interest.

Some samples would be excellent.

How would you rate yourself on mechanics on a game? You have some experience in game programming it would help a lot with what we can and cannot do regarding the programming side of the game.

If your interested, please forward your next reply to my personal email address:
burraakkk@hotmail.com

looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:45 AM

Hello Angel,

The kind of experience I have in game programming is limited to visual basic. I had wrote tictactoe, and a smiple shooter. the simple shooter involves displaying random images on screen that movie around ,and the user click left mouse button to shoot, and right click. When the weapon change only the cross hair changes. I will send a sample to writing to your hotmail after I get back home. I started the plot to make a mod for max pyane, hoping a person that I know to make the graphics and do the necessary coding for it. Unfortunately the person is bit busy, and is not able to spend enough time. I will send two or three samples of my writing. I was part of some beta testing for two or three online game. It was gunz international, upshift racer, flyff. I have some experience in whitebox and blackbox testing.

Coming to game mechanics, I read about it on wikipedia, so I am novice in that area. I tried to get aounrd with hammer editor of Half Life, and still not comfortable with that though, I will take a while with that and should get comfortable with that soon.

I will be very thankful to you If you can let me know your opinion.

Thanks and regards.

Anand.V.V.N

View PostTheAngel, on 26 Feb, 2009 - 06:39 PM, said:

Hi AnandVVN thanks for your interest.

Some samples would be excellent.

How would you rate yourself on mechanics on a game? You have some experience in game programming it would help a lot with what we can and cannot do regarding the programming side of the game.

If your interested, please forward your next reply to my personal email address:
burraakkk@hotmail.com

looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

View PostTheAngel, on 24 Feb, 2009 - 03:16 AM, said:

GAME DESIGNER WANTED!

Note: This is not a medieval mmorpg/sc-fi it is an original idea with a serious goal.

Project name:
N/A

Brief description:
The project has been in production for several weeks, and will be in production for a lot more. Ever want to play a game how you want? don't want to be killed by a player that is a few levels higher then you? want a game based on skill and how much skill you have acquired during your In game time. Ever wanted to drive around in a nice luxurious car while everyone walks or maybe you prefer to modify your ride and race? all this will be possible.

Target aim:
Freeware

Compensation:
Not a paying position!

Technology:

Talent needed:
I'm looking for several game designers to help with designing a game. The basic outline of the game a Modern Day mmo with extremely in depth game play, Allowing you to control every aspect of your character.

Team structure:
Programmer - Freelancer
Graphics - Freelancer

N/A

Contacts:
Applications will be accepted through replies to this topic, or private messages(preferred).

Previous Work by Team:
N/A

Additional Info:
Only serious candidates, there will be no pay. What you will get out of this excellent position is experience working with a game that will! make it past development. An opportunity to grow within the team to positions such as;
+Game Moderator (Full training will be provided with Moderator tools also a short training session)
+Tester
+Content Designer (Missions/Names of items/descriptions/character dress ups for npc's)

I have a good imagination and i played a 1000 mfia game RPG game before and i ahve a pretty good imageintion
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:50 AM

ok guys, just email me on my hotmail adress if your interested.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:22 PM

Sorry for posting on this topic but it would not allow me to send you an email. I love the ound of your ideas and would love to be a part of it. My passion is programming but im to poor to afford any kind of schooling what so ever. I would like to know what your using for graphics... Because I have experience in Blender 3D modelling and I was wondering if it anything like that you would be using.

I dont promise you amazing results but I do promise a hard worker and a proud gamefreak!

Email me at ninjatoss@yahoo.com cuz I cant find your email... sorry knew to the site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:03 PM

View PostTheAngel, on 24 Feb, 2009 - 03:16 AM, said:

GAME DESIGNER WANTED!

Project name:
N/A

Brief description:

Target aim:
Freeware

Compensation:
Not a paying position!

Technology:

Talent needed:

Team structure:
Programmer - Freelancer
Graphics - Freelancer

N/A

Contacts:

Previous Work by Team:
N/A

Additional Info:
+Tester

I can work a little bit with Darkbasic game design, I do more testing, world mapping, etc. Although I am the lead and only programmer in my team, New Leader Productions, i know more than enough, I just don't like to rescript basic to C, C++, C#. I am great with looking for bugs/glitches, great Ideas, I write my own books (yes with better grammer then seen here). and like i stated I can do mostly anything.

e-mail: newleaderproductions@gmail.com
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:59 AM

Hi,

I have dreamt of game designing for around 20 years now (and I am 26)... I have read a few tutorials, books on it... 5 years ago I saved and bought a book about it (Andrew Rollings and Ernst Adams on Game Design).

I have even participated in one freelance job while I was in high school (that one was a classic medivial RPG though, and never finished).

My favorite setting for games is cyberpunk, and game system GURPS.

Unfortunately, I can't send e-mails or private messages through this, so if this sounds anything like what you could need, please e-mail me at mrelven(a)g.mail.com (delete dot in g.mail of course :) ).

This post has been edited by Elven: 16 April 2009 - 04:12 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:05 AM

how old would you have to be?
im 15 but i have some pretty good ideas :)

This post has been edited by gamer dork: 25 August 2011 - 08:06 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

@gamer dork - check the original post date. Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:16 AM
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +