4 Replies - 829 Views - Last Post: 25 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

• member icon

• View blog

5 hours and 10 beers later...

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

I put a lot of time and thought into this sig. I was getting annoyed with the fact that like 20 other people on the forums had the same userbars as I did, so I decided to create something that was 100% original. I haven't made a sig since I was about 14 years old... when I was playing around with Photoshop 7 (I think that was the version number?)...

Anyways, I'd love some constructive criticism on my work. If you don't like it, or it isn't your style, I don't have a problem with you saying that... but don't make it a 1 worder = "Lame sig. 0/10" just because it isn't your style.

Trolling / Hating will be straight up ignored.

Let me know what you think!

Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: 5 hours and 10 beers later...

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: 5 hours and 10 beers later...

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

I like the overall signature, I think that the bottom bar isn't really needed, as it is restating what we can all see. Then I think the code kinda takes away from the overall composition of the piece. If you were to try taking off the user bar, and the C++, PHP code I think it would look better.

If you don't want to take out the code maybe try using a lighting (layer) effect on it.

Just my thoughts, do with them what you will :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

I will try the lighting layer.

I wanted to keep a userbar type feel to the bottom of the sig as I like the way they look (which is why I kept the standard userbar size).

I agree on the syntax though, on my monitor it looks bright and sharp, but on my laptop it is extremely hard to see. I'm going to play around with lighting and glows with the syntax and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

Updated my sig... added a bit of border and glow to the syntax to make it easier to see.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Tired.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

The biggest thing that screams out to me is the reflection, put a gradient mask on the thing so that it disappears and drop the opacity by 10% or so. Overal concept is nice, is that a custom font?

Although I agree with the coding being a distraction to the overall sig - I like what the algorithm creates.

Keep it up.

--

Greg
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1