4 Replies - 9655 Views - Last Post: 27 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

problem in software engineering

Post icon  Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:25 AM

im a new beginner in software engineering...now i stuck in smth problem for my assignment...
Q1: which life cycle model i suppose to use for dis question is better?
Q2: i don really understand wats dat mean of question2...can somebody explain to me? or give some example/advice..?

Question 1.
Select a life-cycle model that you would follow during the development of the Top restaurant system. Give an outline description of this life-cycle model and justify your choice of model.

Question 2.
Describe the dependability measurement attributes which could be applied to the Top restaurant system. For each of the dependability measures you describe, evaluate its importance in contributing to the overall software quality.

=====================

The restaurant has a fixed number of tables; each table can hold up to 4 people. Advance reservations are made either by telephone or in person. The person making the reservation will give the date and time preferred and the number of people. The computer system will check availability and confirm the reservation if there is sufficient table(s) available for that date, time, number of people combination. If there are not sufficient tables, the computer system will search forwards or backwards if there is space earlier. Once a table is booked, it will be booked for a period of 2 hours.

Customers may come to the restaurant without any reservation. If they do so, the reservation subsystem is used to determine if there is room to accommodate them or not. If not, the computer system will search forwards (only) as described above to determine the likely waiting time for the potential customer.

Ordering and Billing Subsystem:

All orders will be taken on line thro the wireless keyboard fixed on each table. The order will collect the code of the various items ordered. (Item codes are shown on the menu for this purpose). If any specific ingredients are to be added to the food items, it may be indicated in the order. Upon completion of the order, the system will display back the items ordered so that order can be confirmed. Food items will be sent to the kitchen, where they will be displayed on a large plasma screen. Once an item is ready to be served, the kitchen staff will use the kitchen terminal to indicate its readiness. Waiters will receive notification of the itemís readiness and then serve the item to the appropriate table. Drinks orders are relayed to an LCD screen in the bar and once again, when the drinks are ready to be served, the bar staff will use the bar terminal to indicate this. .

END

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: problem in software engineering

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: problem in software engineering

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:40 PM

Did you get the answer for this.. Becaused i am also stuck with the 2nd question :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

View Postxiaomai, on 25 Feb, 2009 - 06:25 AM, said:

im a new beginner in software engineering...now i stuck in smth problem for my assignment...
Q1: which life cycle model i suppose to use for dis question is better?
Q2: i don really understand wats dat mean of question2...can somebody explain to me? or give some example/advice..?

Question 1.
Select a life-cycle model that you would follow during the development of the Top restaurant system. Give an outline description of this life-cycle model and justify your choice of model.

Question 2.
Describe the dependability measurement attributes which could be applied to the Top restaurant system. For each of the dependability measures you describe, evaluate its importance in contributing to the overall software quality.

=====================

The restaurant has a fixed number of tables; each table can hold up to 4 people. Advance reservations are made either by telephone or in person. The person making the reservation will give the date and time preferred and the number of people. The computer system will check availability and confirm the reservation if there is sufficient table(s) available for that date, time, number of people combination. If there are not sufficient tables, the computer system will search forwards or backwards if there is space earlier. Once a table is booked, it will be booked for a period of 2 hours.

Customers may come to the restaurant without any reservation. If they do so, the reservation subsystem is used to determine if there is room to accommodate them or not. If not, the computer system will search forwards (only) as described above to determine the likely waiting time for the potential customer.

Ordering and Billing Subsystem:

All orders will be taken on line thro the wireless keyboard fixed on each table. The order will collect the code of the various items ordered. (Item codes are shown on the menu for this purpose). If any specific ingredients are to be added to the food items, it may be indicated in the order. Upon completion of the order, the system will display back the items ordered so that order can be confirmed. Food items will be sent to the kitchen, where they will be displayed on a large plasma screen. Once an item is ready to be served, the kitchen staff will use the kitchen terminal to indicate its readiness. Waiters will receive notification of the itemís readiness and then serve the item to the appropriate table. Drinks orders are relayed to an LCD screen in the bar and once again, when the drinks are ready to be served, the bar staff will use the bar terminal to indicate this. .

END

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 July 2009 - 08:16 AM

View Postxcreamer, on 19 Mar, 2009 - 10:40 PM, said:

Did you get the answer for this.. Becaused i am also stuck with the 2nd question :(

[size=5][b][size=7]Hi,,,please let me know what life cycle did yu use?
am terribly stuck, deadline is in one day...PLEASE help! thanks in advance!
what did yu use for the dependability measuremnts?

Hi,,,please let me know what life cycle did yu use?
am terribly stuck, deadline is in one day...PLEASE help! thanks in advance!
what did yu use for the dependability measuremnts?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

Let me give you a little hint: http://www.softpanor...le_models.shtml
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -