3 Replies - 792 Views - Last Post: 27 February 2009 - 09:53 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Developing a free 2D MMO

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

Hi there,

I'm currently developing an online mutiplayer game, it is based on c# in the server side and flash in the client side. It is in a very early stage, but if anyone can take a look, the url is www.e-litegames.com/ouro_poc, you must fill both server fields with e-litegames.com to be available to log in. I'd really appreciate any comment or suggestion, such as colaboration offers. The project is been developed in a non-commercial basis. Thank you.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Developing a free 2D MMO

• member icon

• View blog

Re: Developing a free 2D MMO

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:07 AM

And exactly how far is this project into development? You say its based on a C# server, with a flash client... but exactly how much of this do you have done?

Sorry, but I see 50 of these posts per week, and 0.002% of them ever make it past ALPHA stages of development.

Good luck, though!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:27 AM

Hi pr4y, thanks for your reply,

the c# part is a multiuser application framework of my own, called BeamServer and it is 100% working and finished. It's a project with about 3 years of continuous development. This server allows the creation of lobbies, game rooms, and game logics, it includes a publisher-subscriber pattern to keep synchronization between clients and between clients and server. The client side is finished at about 80% in its technical part, it features a tilemap engine, also of my own, that can render from small to huge tilemaps in flash with reasonable speed. The role-playing part is the least developed part of the project, and there are also no areas or level, only a room with 20 NPCs wandering around. I focused at first in the technical aspects, that are mainly solved, and now I'm searching for some contributions from artists or game designers to work in the gameplay, areas and graphics. You better take a look at the small demo I posted in the first message, although it doesn't implement a chat yet to directly comment it!

Greetings
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I must break you
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

moved to game programming
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +