6 Replies - 1229 Views - Last Post: 15 March 2009 - 10:32 AM

• I must break you
  • member icon

• View blog

Senior Project

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:33 PM

I know a lot of my friends that attended other schools and myself had to do a "Senior Project" before graduation. Some people had to do one in each class, and other people like myself had a class that was designated to a senior project.

Did you do one? If so what did you do?

Do you think they are a good or could you have done with out it?

Discuss

High School or College
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Senior Project

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Senior Project

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

You know I am sure I had a senior project but for the life of me I can't remember what the hell it was. I couldn't even tell you what subject it was. I remember writing a paper for it, and I am sure it kicked ass, but have no clue.

They are ok I guess, but I think they probably should be thrown out and more emphasis placed on actual learning of cool concepts and group projects. But then again I had to always carry my team so that sucked sometimes too.

All I know is that I couldn't wait to get to college so I can leave the lamers of high school behind. I was destined to be leet and damn it, they were cramping my style!

I guess you could say back then I knew I was Dream.in.code material from a young age. B)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• May Your Swords Stay Sharp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

Well fortunately I won't have to do this for another year after this one. But my school have a senior design which span all 3 quarters and you are assigned to a team of ~4 people.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 cfoley  Icon User is online

• Cabbage
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:07 PM

I did a Chemistry degree one of the projects on offer said the student could do some programming if he wanted. In a nutshell, it was a theoretical algorithm that I implemented in code and made some fancy displays for the results. I got the prize for best chemistry project and the software I wrote for my supervisor helped him secure some PhD funding for me. Not to mention my project mark pulled my degree up by a whole band!

So yeah, my senior project was definitely worthwhile!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

For my HS senior project we had to write a paper and "do something" relating to our career.

I did my paper on agile and waterfall development processes and sat in on a SpringSource training session for my "thing to do".

It wasn't too bad, it was interesting seeing my teacher try to comprehend the paper.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• The Algorithmi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

i will be doing my bachelor's project 2 years from now, i'm still thinking of what i should do..i'm thinking about something that has to do with complexity theory or computation theory but dunno yet
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Coding is a lifestyle
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:32 AM

I will have one next year called the capstone project. It's a year long project for about 4 people or so of the same major.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1